Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU for mortgage

tag
nc
Contributor

DCU for mortgage

Do you have any good or bad experience with DCU mortgage? How competitive they are with compare to other CU and big banks?

I am first time home buyer with 20% down and 6 figure salary, DTI is 2%.

Thanks,

NC

Current Score: EQ: 786 (08/23/2012), EX: 802 (08/23/2012), TU: 774 (08/23/2012),

Goal Score: 800+ FICO across the board
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU for mortgage

@nc wrote:

Do you have any good or bad experience with DCU mortgage? How competitive they are with compare to other CU and big banks?

I am first time home buyer with 20% down and 6 figure salary, DTI is 2%.

Thanks,

NC

Unsure what you mean by competitive?

Are you referring to interest rates?

Are you referring to charges?

Are you referring to approvals?

Having 20% down, 6 figure salary, and DTI of 2% is excellent. What are your credit scores? How long have you been employed with the same employer or same field? Do you go to school? Did you just graduate from school recently? Are you employed in your field of study from school?

As I stated earlier I am unsure what you really are asking......

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
nc
Contributor

I am referring to the interest rates and charges. Sorry for not clear in first post. I do not think approval will be difficult but you never know. I am DCU customer from last 6 years.

All three FICO are over 775. I am with my current employer from last 7 years, in the same field from last 15 plus years. I did graduation long back and work in the same field.

Thanks,

NC

Current Score: EQ: 786 (08/23/2012), EX: 802 (08/23/2012), TU: 774 (08/23/2012),

Message 3 of 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@nc wrote:

I am referring to the interest rates and charges. Sorry for not clear in first post. I do not think approval will be difficult but you never know. I am DCU customer from last 6 years.

All three FICO are over 775. I am with my current employer from last 7 years, in the same field from last 15 plus years. I did graduation long back and work in the same field.

Thanks,

NC

You should qualify for the best rates available at the time you apply. Your scores qualify for them, your employment history covers the lenght of time needed, your income is very good for the price of home looking for, your DTI is excellent. Unless you have some type of negative on your credit report (yes people have negatives with 800 scores), or can not verify employment,  I do not see any issues to stop from an easy approval to close with-in 10-30 days.

As far as who you use to apply for loan in my opinion will not matter, it is a pretty easy loan with good credit, good income, and stable job. Choose the LO or Broker that you feel most comfortable with.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 5
nc
Contributor

Thanks for the positive words.

I do not have any negative item on my report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.