Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHI Homebuyers Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DHI Homebuyers Club

My husband and I have been in DHI Homebuyers Club since July. We have completed the items they have requested and they are repulling our credit on Tuesday. I am a nervous wreck! We are under contract on a home and tentative close is early December. We've consulted with our loan originator for every upgrade we've selected and he's assured us that our income is solid... but it just feels so unknown until we graduate. Can anybody relate? 

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DHI Homebuyers Club

We're in the same boat with Eagle Mortgages home buyer group. They've assured us everything is good to go but we don't close until January. It's nerve wracking not even having a pre_approval at this point, especially with the kids getting so excited for the house. 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
we also purchased with DHI and hoping to close in 3 weeks. We went on contract May. Didn't use Homebuyers but tried to work with what they recommended..Yes it's nerve wracking 😊I have creditkarma, creditsesame, myequifax, myfico and Experian to monitor my scores 😆😂 Remember, all is well. I am staying in faith by packing up already 💐keep the faith 💐💐💐

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous ! How are you? How did everything go when DHI repulled your report? Were you guys able to be pre-approved? My husband and I just joined the Homebuyers Club also this month and I am a nervous wrack on hoping everything is looking better for us when repull in January. Any pointers you can give on being in the DHI Club? Thank y

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Welcome! Everything went well when they re-pulled our credit. We were able to get preapproved. Our tentative close date is 12/10. We received conditional approval two weeks ago and are just working on providing whatever documents they are requesting Smiley Happy 

My best advice is: follow whatever gameplan your consultant gives you. I feel like they're able to target what will get you the most points possible, so we tried to follow what she laid out for us. We also made sure to sign up for credit alerts through FICO and Experian. If something unexpected popped up, we knew about it right away and were able to take care of it right away. 

For example, prior to working with Homebuyers, we were working with another credit repair company (long story). I'm not sure exactly what they did, but an old debt of my husband's randomly popped up on his credit report (it had already fallen off and reappeared) while we were in Homebuyers and waiting to finish out our contract with the other company. I don't think it was intentional; I think it was the methods they used. We received an alert that a new debt popped up and we were able to quickly identify it. We reached out to our consultant who was able to give us the best advice and we were able to take care of it without having it show up and potentially set us back. 

I would also recommend keeping within the limits they suggest on your open/available credit. We followed AZEO and kept our balances to less than 5%. This paid off for us. In the end, our consultant identified an opportunity for us to gain a few more points. We did what she requested and then she submitted the info to the bureaus to get it updated. So even in the end, there's still an opportunity! Hope this helps! 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it sure! Thank you so much for sharing! And congratulations on your big achievement next month ☺️! All hard work pays off. Wish me luck!

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Hi. I didn't sign up with homebuyers club but followed some of their advice and those in here to reduce debts. My score was where it needed to be when we closed. We closed our loan last week of October with DHI 😊 Wishing you the best! 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response! And congratulations on your new home!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Were you also able to get a great rate with DHI? My wife and I will be using my VA Loan but curious if their are somewhat reasonable....

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again @Anonymous @Anonymous @! I'm back again 😌. I just have a few things I would like to know if you've experienced while going threw the Homebuyers Club. As I mentioned, ny husband and I are both gonna be on the same application, he's in the Homebuyers Club. We've completed all items except one so far for his "to do" list. Do you happen to remember how long after completing items that you saw that big point increase? I suffer from anxiety and is very anxious that we'll be where we need to be by January when we repull our credit scores. Do you know what will possibly happen of we're not quite there by our expected time? He's had some increase I must admit but one of the account removals that we thought he would gain points from he ended up not getting anything from that account being removed. Any help? Thank you

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.