Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI Calc and advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI Calc and advice

Ok, so I'm working on saving for a mortgage and trying to have a real idea of what I might be loaned ... I make 60,500 per year and have a total debt load of $525 (excluding things that will be paid off in next 3 mos).  

In doing the ratios, do banks use NET pay or GROSS pay ? 

As an aside, I did a Countrywide calculator adn they told me they'd lend UP TO a HUGE 30,000 for 30 years.  ??????  Now I'm pretty sure I qualify for a BIT more than that !!

My scores are TU 655/EXP 671/ EQ 683.  Edited to add: as an aside, I'm waiting on some large payments to show up ... everone is S-L-O-W in reporting the last 2-3 mos...  the FICO sims suggest when those things post, I might get another 20-50 pts on TU ...

I am looking in the less than 160,000 category and will come heck or high water have 3% down ... 

Thoughts/Advice/ appreciated.!!

Message Edited by ct99 on 04-03-2008 09:47 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTI Calc and advice

They used my dh's income before taxes, etc were taken out.

He makes around 101k a year and the left out 18k so they used 83k, he had around 1000 in monthly obligations and the loan is for 283k (it is a VA loan) at Navy Fed not using a VA loan we pre qualified for 385k which made me laugh really b/c we could never afford that payment.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: DTI Calc and advice

ct99 your debt ratio is fine for the $160k sales price you are looking at.  Lenders use gross income, not net income, for DTI calculation purposes.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.