Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI - Installment Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTI - Installment Loans

Thanks Dpeezy,

After speaking with a few Lenders (Chase, Quicken Loans, BoA) they all vary. Quicken and BoA wouldn't spill the beans, but as StartingOver10 said, it's because they're not a skillful loan officer.

I spoke with someone at Chase and although they do not omit any installment loans, regardless of time remaining, this loan officer was very informative and knowledgeable. It's amazing how much difference it makes when you speak with a knowledgeable and professional LO.

Even though he knew that his answer was not what I wanted to hear, he immediately pivoted to possible alternatives, if it became necessary. Alternatives such as, if I only have a few months remaining on my loan, they can place a clause at signing that I must pay this loan completely off at the time of closing. This could help some people tremendously because they wouldn't include the loan in my DTI. Also, since I would be paying off my loan at closing, my possible credit score drop from paying the installment loan off wouldn't impact my loan whatsoever because it's after the signing when the drop, if there was a drop, would occur.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.