Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI question

Hello People. This is my 1st question so bare with me.

Come February I attend to apply for a One-Time Construction loan. The question I have is that i have an auto loan that is 3K a month. Right now that is my only DEBT. The question Im asking how many months (3/6/10/12) left on my loan could be left without the mortgage company counting it against my DTI.

So for instance if i only have 10 payments left on my auto loan will they still count that against my DTI?

Thanks i really appreciate 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: DTI question

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I really doubt i will be going FHA but i really appreciate the quick reply. I hope this is also conventional loan also.

Message 3 of 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I really doubt i will be going FHA but i really appreciate the quick reply. I hope this is also conventional loan also.

Hi @Anonymous,

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished posted the guidleines for Fannie Mae (conventional) not FHA.

It's important to note that the guidelines do have limitations on omitting debt as seen below:

• monthly payments on installment debts and other mortgage debts that extend ten months or less if the payments significantly affect the borrower’s ability to meet credit obligations;

• monthly payments on lease agreements, regardless of the expiration date of the lease.

The problem with the part in red is it's highly subjective & will depend on the underwriter.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.