Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTI??

What's figured into your DTI Ratio? Mortgage, cars, credit cards? I would like to figure out what mines is...

What is a good DTI to lenders?

Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTI??

it is figured easiest monthly...

total all installment loan payments, all the min payments on every credit card, any other recurring monthly debt (child support is one), and your mortgage THEN divide by your gross monthly income. 

If you are applying for a mortgage then any installemnt loan with less than 10 months left to pay isn't calculated into the ratio (it is short term debt then).
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So add all the monthly payments on everything you mentioned? Are school loans included in that?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be a dumb question, but what about the payments to pge, cable, car insurance, cell phone, etc?

Does that include rent? I have no mortgage...

Or just

Car note?
School loans?
credit cards?

Those are my actual only recurring debts that I owe money on...
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No: rent, utilities,cell phone, insurance, etc...

Yes: child support/alimony, debt consolidation loan, personal loan
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it...Thanks Lady....
Message 7 of 11
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Lady_Scarlet should start doing mortgages.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Realtor that does not understand financing is not serving their clients to the best of their ability. If the Realtors who sold people those houses on those crazy loans understood financing - they would have been saying 'no way'.  I know I did because I could see people being placed in a position to default and that is exactly what I told them - the decision was thiers but at least they had the information to make the decision on.

I have an advantage over other Realtors and the 'basic' training they have had in financing - I'm Affordable Housing Certified.   I had to go to hours of financing classes, credit classes, etc to get the certification.  I teach Fannie's CreditSmart.

Selling a home to a buyer is a partnership between the client, the Realtor, the lender, any inspectors, the settlemnt attorney, etc - it all has to come together and everyone has to be on the same page.  Also - much of the contract is determined by the financing - so I better at least know what a point is and how it affects the mortgage and the Buyer's closing costs.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-25-2007 08:26 AM
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about student loans that are in forebearance status?

Mshamika wrote:
So add all the monthly payments on everything you mentioned? Are school loans included in that?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.