cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTIs 49 nd applying for FHA

tag
Carkam

DTIs 49 nd applying for FHA

My LO that pre-approved said that they can take a DTI up to 52 .Our DTI is 49, our Fico is 691 and we are putting 3.5 down.The home is new construction and we gave builder out of pocket 15,000 for upgrades and hoping home appraises 20,000 over purchase agreement that was signed in Octobrer prior to build.I am scared we are going to be denied due to high DTI. Any advice? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: DTIs 49 nd applying for FHA

If you are scared, throw some money at paying things off. I just payed off a 0% card to lower DTI.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTIs 49 nd applying for FHA

@carkam I'll go ahead and warn you if your front end dti is over 46 or 47 % you might run into issues. I have no other debt but the house payment and I was at 50% back and front end dti. That was fine for my lender but aus didn't like it. I had to increase my down payment to get my front end dti to 46% which put my back end at the same since my mortgage will be my only debt. I increased from a 15%down payment to a 20% one because I knew having over 10%down would be another compensating factor for such high dti.

Dont let my fiasco scare you. If aus doesn't mind it you might be fine.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.