Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt to Income

tag
CARLA82
Valued Member

Debt to Income

I am an authorized user on my husbands Kays card. Will the bank count that payment in on my debt to income ratio when applying for a mortgage loan, since I am not financially responsible?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Debt to Income

No they shouldnt. Usually an AUs trade line will show the current balance/limit/age etc... but will have a payment value at $0.00. The underwriter should be willing to exclude even if there is a payment amount, but if they are not you can always quickly request the line to be removed and have your credit repulled... although losing the account may hurt your score due to AAoA.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Debt to Income

How is it reporting on your credit?

If it is on there with a payment you will need to show you are not paying it for it not to count

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.