Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deflated...and saying hello

tag
tinom1234
New Contributor

Deflated...and saying hello

I am in the process of trying to get approved for a USDA Rural Development loan.

I was signed up with TrueCredit. Little did I know, the scores aren't real! Ahhhh! Long story short, my scores showed on TC as 595, 628, and 632. Called up my LO, as we've been waiting for my mid-score to read 620. She pulled my credit....and my mid-score is 619! Off by one point. So here I am with MyFico. Smiley Happy My actual scores are 608, 619, and 635.

However, I just paid off two credit cards that aren't showing up yet. That'll help, since the reason my scores are low is because my credit utilization is too high.

EX 758 | EQ 721 | TU 768
Goal: 760+ across the board by May 2015
Gold Delta SkyMiles AMEX $32.8K | Citi Thank You Preferred $7K | Discover It $8.2K | Chase $3K + a few store cards
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deflated...and saying hello

The credit card payments will hit your report when the next statement is cut.  Within 24 hours of the statement cutting the 0 balance will hit your reports and boost your score.

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

The GOOD news is that with the True Credit, it will send you an email when your score changes. So, once you hit the extra point, it SHOULD alert you.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ignore your scores from TC. The formula is way different and I have seen, for myself, as much as an 80 point difference. My TC FAKO scores have gone down and my FICOs up and vice-versa. In fact, I just applied for a couple CCs to replace 1-2 that are meant as rebuilders. Anyway, my FAKOs dropped about 25 points (likely due to the inquiries) but my FICO score pulled at the same time stayed the same. Moreover, my last CA was removed in August. My EX FICO shot up 58 points. My EX FAKO through TC or CCT dropped 8 points. Ignore all FAKOs.

Message Edited by llecs on 12-05-2008 09:09 AM
Message 3 of 7
Donna1966
Regular Contributor

@WannaHouse wrote:

The GOOD news is that with the True Credit, it will send you an email when your score changes. So, once you hit the extra point, it SHOULD alert you.

TC doesn't alert you when your score changes by one point.  I think it alerts you when it changes by 20 or more points.  Just wanting to clarify so that the OP doesn't think they will get an alert for one point.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit card payments will hit your report when the next statement is cut.  Within 24 hours of the statement cutting the 0 balance will hit your reports and boost your score.

Message 5 of 7
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Depending on the Bureau your scores will update to reflect the last statement balance, but it can take anywhere from 24hrs to a few weeks for the Bureaus to update. Results vary....

but you can run your True Credit reports every day to get a good feel for when each card reports and when the Bureaus update. Ignore the score, but pay close attention to everything else, the data is EXACTLY the same as you'll see on your FICO TU, EQ and EX reports (just not the score)...., so if your True Creit report shows a 0 balance, so will your FICO reports on the same day...

Message Edited by ficonovice on 12-05-2008 08:04 AM
Message Edited by ficonovice on 12-05-2008 08:06 AM
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 6 of 7
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

If everything else is fine 619 shouldnt be a problem

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.