cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied on FHA today (4/30/12)...****UPDATE CLOSING TODAY 6/11/13!!****

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied on FHA today...when to re-apply again?

Congrats and good luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 21 of 35
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

Thank you!!! I feel like I have a golden ticket or something!! Now the hard part...find a place, and get a clear to close....hurdle after hurdle!

Starting Score:2/1/16 565
Current Score: 3/1/16 575
Lender Mid Score: 3/1/16 575

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 35
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@ccubedzx3 wrote:
Thank you!!! I feel like I have a golden ticket or something!! Now the hard part...find a place, and get a clear to close....hurdle after hurdle!

You will get there, one step at a time.

Stay focused, and positive!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 23 of 35
westo12
Established Contributor

So you got approved for an FHA loan with a recent 30 day late, and a 60 day late within the last 2 years?
Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 24 of 35
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

@westo12 wrote:
So you got approved for an FHA loan with a recent 30 day late, and a 60 day late within the last 2 years?

I thought it wan't possisble, but I sent my lender a copy of my credit report that I had pulled to do a pre-preapproval so to speak.  Once she checked that over, she told me that she saw no issue with getting financed for a new home.  I don't know if it is because we have a very good debt to income ratio right now, or our income is good, or what, but i'm not going to fight it! Another thing too is, we plan on doing a new build which is an 8 month process.  By the time the house is complete, all the time would pass that would age the lates.

Message 25 of 35
westo12
Established Contributor

I need to work with your lender lol. Smiley Happy  No, I want to pay off a few things before I even get the courage to apply for a home loan.  Feel in some way, that's what I need to do.  Something about not wanting to app for a home loan until I have at MINIMUM mid score of 640, at least 8-10% down, and no lates within a year and no derogs over 500. Pretty much afraid of the rejection!

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 26 of 35
birjest
Frequent Contributor

I am so HAPPY FOR YOU!!! All Engine Ahead FULL!!!!!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 27 of 35
ccubedzx3
Regular Contributor

***UPDATE 6/11/13 WE ARE CLOSING TODAY ON A NEW HOME!!!!****

Just an update to everyone:

Back in April of 2012, we were originally denied on a FHA preapproval.  We were shattered, we were broken, but with the help of this site, we managed to take care of business and get on track.   We wrote goodwill letters, I asked a collection agency to remove the mark on my report before it ran its course, we paid down our balances, we sought out advice, we received help from people here, and from all of that, we got approved back in July of 2012. 

Once we got approved, we signed a purchase agreement on a new construction home on September 2012.  We formally re-applied April 6th of this year, and got conditionally approved.  We slayed the conditions, wrote some LOE's, and here we are today on 6/11/13 and we are closing today at 4pm!!!

I am so excited as this is the hardest thing I have worked for in my adult life.  All the determination, and all the help you guys gave me here are the reason we are going to be able to purchase our dream home!!

The build process was fun, it was trying, it was stressful.  In the end, we learned so much about credit, so much about the build process, and so much about the mortgage process.  It has been a fulfilling year to say the least.   My kids will no longer need to share a room, we will actually have tons of space to entertain, and my personal confidence has skyrocketed from all of this.

If you were ever knocked down, don't give up...press on!! I have been down, but now I am up higher than ever before.  Work hard, learn as much as you can, ask for help, and you too can make it happen!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE EVER RESPONDED TO MY POSTS!!!!!!   I could not thank you enough, nor express my appreciation enough!!!

Message 28 of 35
cclee
Regular Contributor

Wow, you have been at this a long time, CONGRATULATIONS!  Enjoy your new home, you deserve it!

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 29 of 35
NyssaHoney
Valued Member

Congrats! I admire your determination.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.