Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desperate to qualify - need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Desperate to qualify - need help

I have tried pay for deletes with the  medical collections - they wont do it.  I can pay them off but it wil just report as paid which my understanding is that it wont hurt the score.  My student loans are current, the only lates ever reporting are the 90- days lates two years ago - for one month, those arent even accurate, they were in forbearance but  no amoutn of disputing seems to get them off.  and I really cant wait another 5 years for them to fall off.  My neighborhood is crime ridden.  I get my full credit report monthly thru my fico - there is nothing I dont see on it. I am an authorized user on my mothers credit card - it has a 21,000 limit and she keeps it paid - it reports a balance around $35 a month she pays for a subscription that is all.  And my student loans are on income based repayment, they will at this point always report a balance that is high until I hit hit the 20 year mark ont he payment plan. 

Message 11 of 25
JVille
Valued Contributor

Pay off the Medical Collections. It can only help! Time will resolve the Student Loan lates.
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay i can pay off the medical collections, my issue is I can not wait five years - for the lates to fall off.  IS there nothing else that can raise this score? I cant send my kids outside to play without checking the scanner pages to make sure there have been no recent shootings Smiley Sad 

Message 13 of 25
JVille
Valued Contributor

Your scores should go up in the next 2 to 3 Months. Keep watching. You have not itemized your other Open credit and I’m concerned about a very thin file with bad credit.
Please itemize your open credit by balance owed, credit limit and min pmt. Be sure and include what is an Authorized signee acct. include the Student loans and dates of slow pays.
Stop telling us about your personal details we get it you want to move. That’s not helping us help you. We need the Full picture leaving emotion out.
Thanks
Message 14 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Okay, we're still not conquering the elephant in the room. We really need more info so please provide it for each question asked. Not generalities, but specifics:

1. Please list every single CC you have with CLs and outstanding balances.
  2. Please list all collections, amounts owed, and dates of delinquency.
  3. Are there any liens or judgements?
  4. Are there any auto loans, personal loans, consolidation loans, any types of loans outside of the student loans?
  5. How many inquiries in the last 12 months?
  6. Any returned payments for nonsufficient funds?
  7. Any closed accounts by grantor?

We understand your desperation and ask that you understand ours too. We can't help you if we don't have specifics. Also, hold off on paying those medical collections because I believe some mortgage lenders, depending on amounts, don't even want you to do so.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 25
JVille
Valued Contributor

Ditto ditto ditto something is holding back your scores and we need a Full Picture.
Message 16 of 25
ScottsdaleDad
Contributor

Try an internet search for "HIPAA removing medical collections from credit reports". I had medical collections a few years ago, and I used this method to get them removed. It's a time consuming process (I think 2 months), but it worked.

As far as a mortgage, try Caliber Home Loans. They're nationwide. I have a BK and several mortgage lates (including a current 30 day late), and they are working with me on a loan. They offer portfolio loans and can be very flexible with credit and loan terms.

Good luck!
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Please list every single CC you have with CLs and outstanding balances.

Current open accounts :

Car Loan - opened in 3/15 - never a late payment.  owes 7,856 of a high balance of 17, 538, joint account with my wife

Kohls Credit card - opened 10/15 never a late payment, balance $13 , credit limit 300

Target Credit Card - opened 12/16 balance 0, credit limit 300, never a late payment

Meijer Credit Card - opened 12/16 , balance 0 credit limit 1580, never a late payment

Capital One - opened 10/16, balance $9, credit limit 750 never a late payment

Cabelas Captial one card - opened in 1/2000, credit limit 21,500 current balance $46 , never a late payment - I am an authorized user on this account since 2014.

Additionally I have a LOT of student loans open, there are 12 seperate accounts ranging in age from the newest in 1/14 to 9/2000.  They are all in repayment on income based repayment, of those student loans the five with nelnet - report a single 90 day late payment in 11/17. ITs not even factual the loans were in forbearance to cover that time period.  However I have, so far gone 5 rounds with nelnet, and the cra's trying to get it corrected with no luck.  They report as current since then and before that.

I also have an old closed auto loan that was closed in 2/14, it was open before that for five years with zero late payments and paid in full. 

There is a charge off from credit one in 3/2013. It has been paid in full for four years last updated 5/15. 

1. Please list all collections, amounts owed, and dates of delinquency. 

I have five collections showing, all medical.  They total $1100, the most recent being 2/18, the other four are from 2014-2015.

1. Are there any liens or judgements?

No leins or judgements

1. Are there any auto loans, personal loans, consolidation loans, any types of loans outside of the student loans?   Yes I listed those in open accounts above. 
  2. How many inquiries in the last 12 months? I have three inquiries in the past twelve months, two from attempting to apply for a mortgage, and one from trying to get a credit line increase with capital one. 
  3. Any returned payments for nonsufficient funds? No there are not any returned payments. 
  4. Any closed accounts by grantor? Only the credit one charge off from 2013. 

Sorry I tried to copy and paste to answer these questions and it ended up strange. 

Message 18 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you so much for providing details. This helps immensely.

I think NC_Mortgage_Loaner called it. It's appears to be those student loans that are keeping your scores depressed. Since the medical collections are under $2K, I believe those can be dealt with.

Now we need your DTI. What is your gross income if W-2 and net income if self-employed? Have you been in same field for at least 2 years and/or self-employed for 2 years?

What is your combined monthly payments on SLs? What is minimum monthly payments on CCs? What is monthly payment on auto loan?

Now, I'll let the mortgage experts take over from here to see how/if we can assist with getting you into your house.

Oh, one other thing. You said you applied for a mortgage. When was that and what was the reason(s) for denial?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hire a credit attorney and sue the student loan companies if you can prove they are reporting incorrectly.

One of my employees did this and “won”. They received none of the settlement but got the records corrected.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.