Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devastated, but Refuse to Give Up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Devastated, but Refuse to Give Up

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m going to celebrate for you remotely when you get the proverbial thumbs up! 🍾

Thank you Eileen!!! It has been a rollercoaster ride, but I believe in my heart it will be so much sweeter when it does happen due to everything we've been through. When you work hard for something it's even better when it happens. The battle rages on, but the war is not lost yet! We will see what happens this week Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, the lack of communication is the worst. So sorry you’re still dealing with this. Fx for good news this week!!
Message 12 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh, the lack of communication is the worst. So sorry you’re still dealing with this. Fx for good news this week!!

It really is! Tuesday now and still not one word!! I am floored. I just don't understand this radio silence when I KNOW they KNOW we are stressed out and they KNOW how long this whole thing has taken already. A simple "hey we're still working on it" would be great. Every time I contact her I get short answers, almost like I am bothering her. No details. So we wait. And wait. I would assume we are still OK or else we probably would've gotten a denial by now? Who knows. Any LO's want to chime in? A friend of mine used to be a LO and said they will usually notify you right away if you're denied. On the other hand, we have not received any updates showing that our credit has been pulled, so I have no idea what is going on behind the curtain. Had another sleepless night last night. Really need some kind of an answer and some closure. 

Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh! Lack of communication is the worst! I totally get it—- we e hired a planner/ architect who came recommended by our builder-of-choice. We signed the contract with the planner August 22. Here we are Oct. 8 and not even a preliminary plan and p*** poor communication. I just called the builder and told him that if the planner had not yet begun, we’re calling “pens down” and will hire a different planner. Not quite so easy with a bank, as you’ve been in process with them for a while....

Hang in there!
Message 14 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my goodness Eileen I cannot imagine someone taking so long to do something that is their profession to do! How frustrating. I would also say "pens down" (I like that!) if I were in your shoes...!

So last night at almost 7PM the LO told us they CAN go forward on the 90% LTV for the permanent mortgage as well! That is good news. The bad news is we will now have PMI (yuck) but it's conventional so hopefully, we can get rid of that crud eventually. The other thing that kind of surprised me is that our new closing costs on that side she said may be approx. $10k! I was floored. I asked her about it so I hope to get clarification today but either way, it's a step forward! Of course, now our construction LO is out of office till Friday so we have to wait for her to find out what to do next. Guess I can go ahead and start asking about insurance while we wait. Things are moving ahead, maybe not in the way or timeframe that we wanted them to, but forward is forward! Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 57
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on moving forward. Closing my mortgage with BofA underwriting was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. They constantly asked for paperwork last minute with the utmost urgency but then took forever to respond. It was a constant battle of OH YEAH WE NEED THIS. At one point I was like, what the heck is this, wheel of fortune underwriting? 

Message 16 of 57
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

Come on Loan!  Get step #1 out of the Way!!!

I'm reading all this and feeling your pain, all I keep thinking about is that saying, "Easy greasy, you got a long way to slide!"  Omg, once construction is underway, you may want to pick out a nice bottle of wine and try to stay away from the site as much as possible. Let the Contractor do his thing with the Trades, plan on Murphy's Law, plan on picking out colors, fixtures and then plan on hearing, "That's not gonna work"...always have a plan B when you pick out everything and plan on being flexible.  Also, plan on the weather to slow things down, trades slowing things down and then maybe when there's "radio silence" occasionally you'll just poor a nice glass of wine, whiskey, or water and say, "This too shall pass, the Contractor is paid to have the headache, I refuse the negativity."  The fun has only just begun and it will be an exciting time but count on glitches throughout the process, just get that mindset...It really helps. Idk if you've been there; done that but it's the only reason I'm saying those things.  If you have, you know already what I'm talking about.  

In the end, you'll love your home, your choices, sacrifices and will be a Happy Duck!Smiley Very Happy  Can't wait to hear when you're moved in!Heart

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s great news! Ok, all the closing costs/PMI stuff aside, you now have movement, and that’s GREAT! Here’s to an easy closing. 🍾
Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone! Our LO said the closing costs are a high estimate and when they run my husband's FICO again it should be lower. When they ran him back in May it was definitely lower than it is now so pending anything crazy it should be much improved, and she said it could lower the cc's by 1% or so which is great. That will be later down the road once the home is ready to move into and we close on the final refinance so, for now, we will just go with the flow.

Now we wait for some money to transfer over so we will have the DP and closing costs all together in one local bank account for the cashier's check. The construction loan officer will be back in her office on Friday and hopefully, the money will all be moved over by then, if not the beginning of next week. Once we get the closing disclosure from her I assume we can finally get this thing closed and we will finally see that darn foundation being built!! Smiley Happy 

Message 19 of 57
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

That's Awesome!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.