Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did usda change BK guidelines

tag
custombusa
Established Member

Did usda change BK guidelines

Someone told me usda changed the amount of time for approval after a bk from 2 yrs to 3 years. Has anyone else heard of this change. And could someone refer me to a reputable broker in michigan who works with usda loans. Id like to find someone local who will return calls and emails. Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jessica04
Valued Member

Re: Did usda change BK guidelines

I read in the USDA guidelines handbook that bankruptcy or foreclosure discharged less than 36 months is unnaceptable credit history

Starting Score: 674 8/2010
Current Score: Your TransUnion FICO® score:
On November 17, 2012

Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
custombusa
Established Member

ok thanks for that info. I know it has always been 2 yrs for bk but they must have changed it for 2013.

Message 3 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Talk with your realtor about another reputable broker. They usually know of 2 or 3. Please let them know about your recent foreclosure and find out the limitations with that as they are often different. You want to tell them first before they pull the database and find it first. I was not exempt from the foreclosure limitations just because I included the house in BK. You don't want to get too far and then have a snag that could prevent you from closing.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 6
custombusa
Established Member

ok im gonna talk to a local realtor about a broker. Im just trying to get things in order cause my 3 yr date is in 5 to 6 months.

Message 5 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Totally understand. Remember there are other lenders to work with too if USDA falls through so don't throw in the towel.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.