cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you score go Up/Down when the mortgage was reported to your credit report?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Did you score go Up/Down when the mortgage was reported to your credit report?

I have been wondering  what is going to happen to my score when my mortage reports. I closed on May 28th and my Mortgage has been sold two times and it hasn't been reported yet. Would my score go up when it reports?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Did you score go Up/Down when the mortgage was reported to your credit report?

I don't know if it does or not.But I can share with you that Amex freaked out when they saw a mortgage on my CR.  They immediately DROPPED my spending limits.  The CL drops registered at a 9.8 on the Ritcher scale.  I called them, pointed out that I had been paying way more than the required amount on my mortgage, etc.  They would not budge.

When my mortgage was reported as paid off, and Amex did their annual review of my CR, the limits stayed the same, but they reinstated my flexible spending option.  Since I have not used the Amex cards (those two) the lower limits didn't bother me.  Since I pay off the Amex in full, every week, every month, I was miffed that the "option" of flexible payment was taken away when NOTHING had changed in my spending or payment pattern with them.  It was a "privilege" that I had earned and felt cheated that they took it away from me.  But that "privilege" has been reinstated.  I still do not use it.

So for me, I am sure the score dropped.

But it does go back up after you start paying it down. 

Message 2 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did you score go Up/Down when the mortgage was reported to your credit report?

I didn't check my score immediately after my mortgage started reporting, but a couple months later it was higher than when it was pulled for my mortgage approval.

Last year I opened a HELOC to refi a higher interest rate 2nd mortgage.  I got a SW alert when the mortgage hit and lost about 15 points, but about 2 weeks later it jumped back up to where it was before.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

when exactly does the mortgage loan reflect in you credit report.?  I was trying to apply for a Credit card a day after my closing..

please help.

Message 4 of 6
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I got my SW alert that the HELOC hit my CR about 6 weeks after I signed the papers.
Message 5 of 6
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

when exactly does the mortgage loan reflect in you credit report.?  I was trying to apply for a Credit card a day after my closing..

please help.

This is my first mortgage and  it hasn't been reported yet and its been 4 months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.