Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Comment - CBs Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Comment - CBs Experience

Mine have come back on TU repeatedly. I’ve given up on getting them off for now and will just get it removed closer to closing. TU insists it’s the creditor but these are on multiple bureaus and only came back on TU 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just had two others come back on Equifax as well but they’re showing an active dispute comment, which is bizarre. TU at least shows the “dispute resolved, customer disagrees” language. Equifax is a dang mess but I’ve negotiated PFD for one of those and am working on the other so I’m not bothering to try to get it off again.

At any rate, super easy to get them off but I’m reading lots of zombie comment posts so I guess timing is everything. Don’t sleep on these, make sure you keep an eye on them.
Message 11 of 23
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

I’m equal measures pleased and bemused to report, my 4 points returned to Transunion after the dispute comments had been removed. They were accompanied by this message on MyFICO, “A dispute listed on your credit report has been removed”
Message 12 of 23
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@readyformyhome

I am going to pull my credit reports from each of them, highlight them all and just send them certified receipt and let it go from there.  I still have plenty of time before I prequalify so I want to create that paper trail in the event they get put back on there.  I can't believe that they can put back old dispute comments but what do I know Smiley Very Happy

I realize that you may not have the benefit of having extra time.

I wish you the best of luck Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 13 of 23
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@katiekatie

That's great news!! Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get an alert they put them backSmiley Sad

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 14 of 23
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@readyformyhome

Is it one particular creditor or different creditors on TU that are putting the dispute back on?  Cap One is my achilles heel!  They sure aren't showing me the love Smiley Sad  I disputed ONE closed Cap One Auto account, on a 30D late, back in 2013 and I find closed disputes on ALL the one's I've had.  My son needed an auto so he finished paying my Cap One Auto loan off for me, never late, always on time and he contiuned that trend.  Paid it off last April and even HE has a closed dispute notation in the comments!  I asked him if he disputed and he said he never had.

A mortgage app is stressful enough, just don't want to get myself into a situation that I have to scramble and get remarks removed two weeks before closing.  At least FHA you can have resolved comments on your report, conventional I read last night you have to get everything removed. 

Sorry you have to go through this, I hope things work out well for you Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you provide the phone numbers to the credit bureaus you called to have the dispute remarks removed, so that I may call them next week please?  Thanks.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SleeplessinMA wrote:

@ hasselfree

Capital One is one of the worst.  I have read where there are folks that have had much success filing complaints with the CFPB and BBB and getting their remarks removed permanently.  I have also seen folks having success in emailing the VP's and CEO's of the company also.  I have tried, in vain, to get a 30D late removed in 2013. I have an email campaign going on, even as we speak, so we'll see how that turns out. 

It's almost time to drop off, due to age but going to file for an EE later on this year.

Good luck, keep us posted on how it turns out for you! Smiley Happy

I received a call from a real person at the CapOne Executive Office and she is personally handling my issue.  She gave me her direct number in case I had any questions.  She said it would take her 7-10 days to get back to me with resolution from their Credit Dispute Team and also research the 48 min call I noted in both of my formal complaints. 

I highly recommend the BBB and CFPB complaint route when you have comments return.  I'm not looking to lock in a mortgage until next year but thank goodness I had some time to get this all situated.  I could not imagine how stressed I would have been if I had tried to do this while trying to secure a mortgage. 

Message 17 of 23
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

You're in a really good spot, Hasselfree, I am in the same boat as you.  Not planning on apping for a mortgage till next September, just

starting the legwork now.  Once you get that call, it's only a matter of time before your issues are fixed. 

My situation with Cap One is beginning to be fixed.  The disputes were the result of a Credit Karma glitch, from as far back as 2016, that kept reporting my disputes to ALL my Cap Ones, even the ones with a perfect payment history.  I was sending out a letter to Cap One, and pulled my free Equifax report for the year.  To my horror, I discovered that up till May of 2019, these disputes have been reported.  Sent an email out to CK to disable the dispute button for me and a thumbnail sketch of the issue.  

In going through my reports, I discovered that my baddie falls off in 5/20.  Good news for me, right before I app for the mortgage. Doing

the prep work now, paying balances down, implementing AZEO, possibly as soon as this September.  Still a work in progress but both of us are on the right path. 

Congrats on getting that phone call to help with your issue!  I'll be following your journey!  Best of luck! Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 18 of 23
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@CarolynArt

Sorry, I'm pretty new to these forums, I just saw this.  I have to remember to click the email me when someone replies box, lol. 

If you navigate yourself over to Mortgage Loans and this thread Re: Best Way to Remove "Account In Dispute" for Mortgage Loan,

there is a lot of great advice and information over there.  Shanethemortgageman, and others,  have a LOT of really

good information, as well as phone numbers.  

Good luck! 

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 19 of 23
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

Hi, sorry, yes one of the two creditors is Cap1 the other is on a Macy’s account that was transferred to a new account when I lost the card. It’s not a big deal for me because my mortgage company has never brought it up as an issue and I honestly don’t believe they will at this point, but I thought I would have them removed just in case. Fortunately they only seemed to return to Transunion and I received a MyFICO alert when that happens and since Transunion removes them immediately it’s not ideal but at least I know it can be resolved quickly.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.