Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute comments score drop?

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Dispute comments score drop?

I just had transunion remove dispute comments from a collection account. These comments were 12 months old. I'm waiting to find out if the score dropped.

Any experience with score dropping when removing dispute comments on collections? Getting a mortgage might age me 50 years!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Re: Dispute comments score drop?

From my experience, you're score will drop when disputed are removed. FICO takes that account ouf of the scoring model when there is a dispute with comments.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 25
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

My score dropped when the dispute was initiated but regained the points when the dispute was closed.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 25
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

This dispute was closed a year ago, just the comments remained. I am really hoping it doesn't move a score.
Message 4 of 25
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

To my understanding fico doesn't add collections into your revolving debt. So becuz of this when dispute comments are removed from a collection account it wont hurt your score. If this was charge off which is included in your revolving debt than removing dispute comments will hurt your score. This again is the knowledge that I read on rebuilding your credit forum. I too am w8n on dispute collections to be removed from a collection so fx our pts stay the same

Message 5 of 25
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Well....score dropped by 8 on the tu FICO you can buy here. Lender is pulling again tomorrow so I will update then.
Message 6 of 25
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

aww man that sucks.... I know my pts didnt drop from tu and ex but i am w8n on eq cuz well thats my fico the others were fakes. I know that my dispute and deleted collections happened at the same time so i prob wouldnt have noticed it but eq is taking its time. I am praying that they dont even pay attention to eq report and tu is my median. Gl tomorrow cant w8 to c your update

Message 7 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Dispute comments should have no effect on your score.  The 8 point drop you saw is likely due to something else.  A dispute can effect score depending on what kind of tradeline is disputed because FICO will ignore certain aspects of the tradeline during the dispute.  But this is only during the dispute.  The comments mean nothing as far as score is concerned.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 25
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

It was due directly to the dispute remarks. I pulled the FICO from this site an hour before the dispute comments were removed and then pulled again to make sure the comments were off. Absolutely nothing changed in an hour. My credit was pulled this morning from the lender, and he will pull again tomorrow morning.
Message 9 of 25
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Dispute comments should have no effect on your score.  The 8 point drop you saw is likely due to something else.  A dispute can effect score depending on what kind of tradeline is disputed because FICO will ignore certain aspects of the tradeline during the dispute.  But this is only during the dispute.  The comments mean nothing as far as score is concerned.

Fx this is true

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.