cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Collections account deleted - now how long till my score updates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed Collections account deleted - now how long till my score updates?

I applied for a mortgage pre-approval in November and was advised that I would have to pay points to secure a prime interest rate on my loan because my TransUnion credit score was in the high 600s. The loan officer counseled me to dispute a medical collections account on my credit report. After a month or so of back-and-forth with the original service provider and the collection agency, the account was settled - but it was still listed as active on my CR. So - I filed a dispute, which was resolved today!!! (Hooray - the account is deleted)! But - I'm supposed to close in about a week or so, and I know that the bank will be running my credit again soon. Aside from a few stray late CC payments this was the only negative item on my credit report. Should my credit score automatically update when the bank runs my credit next week? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Disputed Collections account deleted - now how long till my score updates?

Your score will be updated. If you want to know, order the TU report (20% off coupons are available via Google) and you will know your mortgage score.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 4
jd403
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a mortgage pre-approval in November and was advised that I would have to pay points to secure a prime interest rate on my loan because my TransUnion credit score was in the high 600s. The loan officer counseled me to dispute a medical collections account on my credit report. After a month or so of back-and-forth with the original service provider and the collection agency, the account was settled - but it was still listed as active on my CR. So - I filed a dispute, which was resolved today!!! (Hooray - the account is deleted)! But - I'm supposed to close in about a week or so, and I know that the bank will be running my credit again soon. Aside from a few stray late CC payments this was the only negative item on my credit report. Should my credit score automatically update when the bank runs my credit next week? Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Your scores are already updated with each reportinbg agency.  I've noticed the FICO scores here take about 48 hours to update.  Buy the mortgage version from TU and cancel afterwards.  When I got my 2 accounts deleted and rand my FICO mortgage scores they were exact to what my LO pulled same day

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a mortgage pre-approval in November and was advised that I would have to pay points to secure a prime interest rate on my loan because my TransUnion credit score was in the high 600s. The loan officer counseled me to dispute a medical collections account on my credit report. After a month or so of back-and-forth with the original service provider and the collection agency, the account was settled - but it was still listed as active on my CR. So - I filed a dispute, which was resolved today!!! (Hooray - the account is deleted)! But - I'm supposed to close in about a week or so, and I know that the bank will be running my credit again soon. Aside from a few stray late CC payments this was the only negative item on my credit report. Should my credit score automatically update when the bank runs my credit next week? yes, the new credit pull will not see the deleted account and score 'could' rise Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.