Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes On CR

tag
jf71
Established Member

Disputes On CR

New Here,

We will be purchasing a home this summer sometime, and in reading so much of these forums, and trying to understand this whole process. Do I need to get all of my dispute remarks off of my credit report? If so, why? I have been cleaning/rebuilding our credit, and it has been a long process.

This will be my first home to purchase, and my husbands second.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputes On CR

Yes the disputes must go because they “Mask” your Real Credit Score. How old are they and was the issue resolved.
But you need them gone.... the lender needs to know what your real FICO score is.
Message 2 of 7
jf71
Established Member

Oh no!!
I was having credit repair done, and they were disputing everything.
They range from 2017-2019.
28 inquiries 😩
Could you tell me what I need to do to remove the disputes?
Message 3 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

Have you had any success???? Sounds like you have some work to do prior to purchasing a home. Exactly what are you disputing? How many tradelines and what are they. 28 inquiries over how many times, if those are recent inquiries I’m concerned about how much damage has been done to credit score. Of course there is generally no way to see what you REAL FICO Mortgage Scores are because the disputes interfering with your true scores being visable.
We need more info about how many and what. Have you pulled your 3 Bureau Report Fico Report recently. The # of inquiries are for what reason?
What kind of loan are you wanting to get and how soon?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! How long ago did you go through credit repair? I did that a few years ago and it was a mixed bag. I did have a fair number of inaccuracies they were able to help with but a lot of stuff fell off entirely for awhile, only to come back later. Plus, yes, all the dispute remarks have to be removed.

28 accounts is a TON... are they in active disputes? Or are they just old comments? Either way, they need to come off and with so many it’s impossible to even guess at the impact to your score.

Personally, I’d suggest waiting 6-12 months after any sort of credit repair to buy a home to ensure your report is stable, and nothing re-appears at a bad time.

For now, call each bureau and ask to end any active disputes and remote dispute remarks. This works best with a list of them. With 28, you may need to fax each bureau to ensure they get them all. I just removed mine by phone with Experian (same day), TU (48’ish hours), and Equifax (1.5 weeks in and getting nowhere despite daily calls). I only had a few though. 28 is intense. The bureaus are a bit brain dead so getting that many off will take time.
Message 5 of 7
jf71
Established Member

I did have success, got a lot of wrong information removed, and removals of old stuff. So i'm left with 2 collections, that I'm working on myself, low dollar, $119 Progressive & $500 T-mobile, trying pay for deletion on those. The inquiries span from 2017-2019.

We were looking to get FHA loan, and apply in August. Our lease ends the end of Nov.

I have pulled my report and seen the inquiries, so from all 3 reports, its a total of 28.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH I thought you had 28 disputes lol. That makes more sense. But don’t be shocked if some stuff that fell off comes back after credit repair.

Those inquiries will tank your mortgage score. I had no credit 3 years ago and had to apply for everything so I basically had to wait and let the inquiries fall off.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.