cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes holding back my loan! Help please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes holding back my loan! Help please!

Just checked my report more carefully, it looks like another company ran an inquiry on my credit report.  How in the heck does that drop my score by 57 points though?!  Geez!  I didn't even give them permission to check!

Message 11 of 18
bosox52981
Established Member

While the account had the dispute comment, certain things like payment history (experts, correct me if I am wrong) were not being included in your FICO score. You could have had negative aspects of the account not being included in your score calculation while the comment was in there, making it artificially higher. This is why lenders require that the comments be removed in order to pre-approve/approve a loan.

Message 12 of 18
chan85
Established Contributor

@bosox52981 wrote:

While the account had the dispute comment, certain things like payment history (experts, correct me if I am wrong) were not being included in your FICO score. You could have had negative aspects of the account not being included in your score calculation while the comment was in there, making it artificially higher. This is why lenders require that the comments be removed in order to pre-approve/approve a loan.

ooooh woooow :::stares in awe:::

never knew that was the reason why! it makes sense somewhat...so essentially when we get our reports and they offer all that free "advice" about how you have this ro that hurting your score, it may not really be including it if its disputed??

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 13 of 18
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@bosox52981 wrote:

This is correct.  The financial aspects of accounts in dispute are excluded from scoring.  This includes payment history, balances, delinquencies, etc.  The non-financial aspects are factored into FICO scoring - for example, the date opened, its effect on average account age, and diversity of credit.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sucks because the builder accepted my offer and a check for 2k yesterday.  Now I'm stuck in this limbo period and THIS happens.  All I can do is pray that something will work out.  The weird thing is my LO recalculated today and said that my score hasn't changed much, but I still need to have Transunion delete the comment that it's being disputed.

Message 15 of 18
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@bosox52981 wrote:

Years ago; There used to be a company in my town that basically disputed everything bad on the credit report so your score would get high enough for an approval.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG! After Experian deleted the comment my score dropped by 57 points!!!!!

How are you monitoring your Experian score?  Did your LO tell you it dropped 57 points?

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD NEWS! I finally got TransUnion to remove the comment!  I called their "special handling department" and tried to report the comment as fraudulent, then they said that it wasn't fraud but the agent Elaine Walker said she would call the CA herself, and for me to call back later that day.  Well I did and it was removed from my TU account.  I called my LO today and he said it's off of my report and my scores are the same! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.