Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes

Hello everyone, I hope someone can give me hope with this loan process.  My mid credit score just hit 674 after a rescore. The problem is I now have four disputes that are on my credit report.  My LO has not issued my pre approval because of the disputes that are on my credit report.  I am beginning to feel like my hard work that I have put into this credit repair is in vain.  I already picked out the house that I wanted to get.  Can someone explain to me how long will it take to remove the disputes and will i have to be rescored again?  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputes

If the disputes are resolved you can call each bureau and ask that the dispute comments be removed. If they are open disputes you may have an issue getting them removed as they already have the ball rolling with the creditors/businesses involved in the disputed accounts. A supervisor may, and I use may lightly, be able to have them cancelled. They give upto 30 days for the dispute to be resolved, but if the accounts involved are responded to quicker then it will be more soon. I put in a dispute last week and they were resolved Monday of this week. Good luck and hope your able to secure your mortgage :-) As a final note, it's never a good idea to initiate disputes, or try for any new accounts while in the process of receiving a mortgage or any loan for this very reason.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.