Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have options?

My current FICO score is 602. My current mortgage rate is 9.13% Is there any hope in the horizon for me to lower my interest? I am about to start my internship for teaching and I am very concerned with not being able to afford my $800.00 monthly payment. I do not want to lose my house. I am a single mother and like many other people, I work very hard for what I have achieved in life.  I contacted my current loan holder which is HSBC and I have not gotten anywhere. All they offer is temporary (every six months) modification and they refuse to refinance. Any light for me?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Re: Do I have options?

I will qualify this post by saying that I (currently) do not have a mortgage, and I am new here too, so I'm sure others will jump in, but without knowing what you have on your credit report, I know the experts on here will need to know the following:

• Your other accounts, ie, credit cards, installment loans, etc.
  • If you have any negatives on your credit report, ie, late payments, judgement(s), BK, charge-off accounts, etc, and how old those items are too?
  • Where do you currently bank? Do you belong to a credit union? Oftentimes CU's are a bit more accommodating; especially if you have had prior loans with them that were paid on time.

Once you answer these questions, the experts will be able to better assist you. If you do have any negative items on your CR, I'd recommend going to the "Rebuilding Credit" section and read a lot of those threads, as they will tell you what you can do to address the bad/negative items, which, in turn could increase your credit score. And, with an increase in your credit score, you'd likely be in a better position to get your home refinanced.

Also, go to the "Achieve My Goals" (up above in the top of this site); click on that, and then select "Mortgages." Then click to the right, "I'd like to refiance my home." It will show you the (current rates) based on you filling in the selections of the state you are in, etc. This should give  you a good idea of where you need to be in order to realistically get an approval.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

+1

With a score of 602, options will be limited until it gets to a point where someone wants to show some love. GW, Utilization, disputes, and no more new inquiries or accounts unless they're a matter of life or death.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
BS3
New Contributor

Not sure if this will help or not, but I was at 587 on 1-8-2013, today I am at 626, less than 10 days.  I have read many forums to try to figure out my best route.  I have sent several GW's and they are starting to pay off.  Find out what you have for negatives and try to correct or ask for GW's.  This forum is awesome & keeps you focused!

Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Do you have an FHA loan?

If you do when did you take out the loan (month and year)?

The others above are right, it doesn't take long to increase your score once you know what to do. Visit the rebuilding section and look into PFD's and GW's. If you have an FHA loan prior to May 2009 you have a better shot at getting your loan payment reduced once you increase your score to above 640.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.