Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to remove these remarks?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to remove these remarks?

I am looking to get a home loan and wanted to know if I needed to get remarks on a dispute removed. I had disputed the lates on the account because they conveniently removed my automatic payments and were calling a number I don't use. This is what the remarks say:

Dispute resolved; customer disagrees

Are these the remarks on my file I have to remove even though they say that the dispute is resolved?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I need to remove these remarks?

If it says resolved you should be ok - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to disagree with Brian!!   Recently I had my credit report run through the AUS for Freddie Mac (conventional loan).  I had three "dispute resolved, customer disagrees" comments on closed loans.   The old disputes were on late payment events, just like yours.   I had to get those comments removed before I got AUS approval.   It was fairly easy to get the comments removed.   Look up Shane the Loan guy's thread on dispute removal, or my recent one.   I had the comments cleared by all three CRAs within 24 hours.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 8
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

No problem I am not always right - none of us are - 

In my experience it hasnt been an issue - there are always exceptions - conventional is tougher on disputes 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was interesting.   My broker knew that Fannie Mae would allow zero disputes and have AUS approval.  He thought via Freddie you could have one dispute and still get AUS approval  However, the presence of "dispute resolved, customer disagrees" comments caused a problem.  He actually called Freddie and asked, and they confirmed that those are counted as disputes.   Odd.

Its been a long process for sure!  It looks like we are in the homestretch, and have CTC pending appraisal results. =0)

Message 5 of 8
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

It should be easy to get that removed, just call up the rep from the credit agency and say that you do not disagree so delete the remarks

THat's what I did and it was gone immediately or within days

Best to remove those remarks before apping to save you heartache down the road; the goal is a clean or as clean as possible record

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just went through this myself, they were stupid remarks that we added to dispute against the creditors, but the automated systems won't process with them on your credit report. We got one removed on our own but paid the LO to use a credit company and take the rest off, it was a cpl hundred bucks but we didn't have to do it and it only took a few days. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys! I will call them up and remove them just to be squeaky clean.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.