Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I qualify? Sorry I don't know how to copy the post as others have

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I qualify? Sorry I don't know how to copy the post as others have

I haven't checked in about 6 months but my mortage scores back then were in the 640-650 range. They definetely wouldn't have gone down since.

I owe 0.00. I have 11,000 in available credit with my credit cards but I rarely go above 10% Utilization. The only things I pay are my cell phone and car insurance which combined are 150.00 a month

My income is 42.000. I'm an hourly worker who gets 10 hours of overtime each week guaranteed. They gave me the overtime to keep me from working a part time job in the evenings.

I have some baddies on my report but they have been either paid off (collections)or are current now. (Credit Cards)

Im hoping to buy a single family home. It will be my primary residence in the Stow, Oh area. Between 90-100,000. I'm hoping to qualify for a Conventional 97 loan since the PMI falls off down the road.

My down payment will be either 3 or 3.5 percent of the home. Depending if I go the Conventional 97 route or FHA.

I will also have 8,000 in savings but some of that will go to buying new furnishings.

I read that a conventional 97 loans requires a score of 620-640 which I'm good there and with me not having any debt whatsoever I'm figuring I'm in good shape but wanted to hear some opinions before I get my hopes too high in a few months.

2 REPLIES 2
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I qualify? Sorry I don't know how to copy the post as others have

Go talk to a mortgage lender or banker in order to have them pre-approve you.  It looks good from what you've posted, but there's more to it than that--bring your 2 years tax returns, 2 months bank statements and 30 days' worth of paycheck stubs with you and you'll have a better idea in about 30 minutes.

(or just reach out to a lender and apply submit your paperwork and application online--it's not rocket science.)

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 3
H-B
Regular Contributor

Re: Do I qualify? Sorry I don't know how to copy the post as others have

You can get conventional or FHA with your loan scenario. Ask your lender to give you presentation for both product so you know the difference for savings. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.