Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I qualify for a mortgage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I qualify for a mortgage?

• Credit.  603 631 626 mortgage scores from here
  • i have 4 unpaid collectios for a total of 5k from early 2012 would I need to pay those? They wont PFD
  • Income. 61k last year  65k this year
  • Source of income.  hourly 
  • Monthly debt payments.  690 car note, 50 credit card
  • Employment w2 been there 9 years
  • Assets/Reserves.
  • Location.  Beaumont Texas 77707
  • Property. single family house
  • Value. 130k
  • Occupancy.  Primary residence
  • Transaction Type.  FHA 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I qualify for a mortgage?

No, those collecitons total too much collectively and are recent.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I qualify for a mortgage?

I disagree on the recency being an issue - they're over three years old.  I know that a USDA loan only has a twelve month requirement, and you're well past that.  You *might* pre-qualify, but will most likely have the condition of paying off those collections, or at least evidencing a payment plan with the creditor, the monthly of which will be factored into your DTIR.  Your car note is already pretty huge, so with the addition of the collection payments, your ratio might kick you out of the price range you're looking for.

I would suggest working to settle those collections ASAP.  Since they won't PFD, and assuming you can't PIF, offer to settle for 25-50% and then pay it off immediately.  Try to negotiate the wording from "Settled" to something more favorable, like "Settled in Full", or "Pays as agreed".  Do not enter into a payment plan with a CA; just pay what you can get them to agree to in one lump sum and get it done.  That way they'll come back closed with $0.00 balances when you try again for a mortgage.  They'll still be there until they fall off, but the underwriter will be more forgiving knowing that those collections pose no threat to the mortgage.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.