cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage?

tag
BlackEagle1
Established Member

Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage?

Working with them now and reaching out for experience or advice that other have? Thanks

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage?

A mortgage loan is a mortgage loan and they are used to finance a parcel of land that's had a home built upon it.   

Without knowing anything more about your location, income or price range for which you are shopping, I'd say to research FHA loan limits for your area if you don't have at least 5 % of the proposed sale price saved up for a down payment (in order to obtain a 95% conventional loan) or if you don't qualify for a VA loan.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 51
JVille
Valued Contributor

Google their reviews...
Message 3 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did your experience go? I'm working with them right now and so far I've been super happy with how responsive they are, and the fact that they have a team to help me do things like get disputes off my credit report.

I worked with a different lender in 2016 on a mortgage I eventually gave up on, and I realized very quickly since starting with Eagle that I was REALLY not kept in the loop with the other one. Communication was terrible, I got conflicting info from them, and so on. I was left with nowhere to live when my lease expired and we still hadn't closed, and basically had no choice but to give up and get an emergency rental.

Anyway, would love to hear your experience!

Message 4 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y’all let me know everything goes for you using Eagle. I just found a Lennar home I loved last Saturday, put the earnest money down on it then, was preapproved through Eagle Mortgage as well that day, and went into underwriting yesterday. My realtor is doing a lot of the communication for me, but I really don’t have anything to compare it to as I am a first time home buyer. Just wanted to pop in and say you are not alone in not knowing much about this company. I was already pre approved with another lender, but went with Eagle because they pay all closing costs and threw in a bunch of upgrades as well.
Message 5 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

We’re on the same schedule, it sounds like! I went into contract Saturday, paid the EM Monday, and just got the email that they’re moving my file into doc review and UW.

Eagle doesn’t pay CC here since it’s a hot market but I do get 5k toward them by using them and it all feels very streamlined. When do you close?
Message 6 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are supposed to close on the May 23, they were shooting for a 30 day closing.
Message 7 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exciting!!! Ours won’t be until the end of Oct/early Nov since they just started building Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were just looking when we wondered into the model home last Saturday. We saw a floor plan we loved, looked at finishes we loved, and thought that was that. We went to take some paperwork home and that’s when we were told they had one that would be ready for move in soon. It had lost financing 1 hour before we arrived and was they were not charging for upgrades (stone and brushed nickel finish) the person had put in. We went to see the exact house and it was just like looking at a house we would have built for ourselves. Everything was perfect from interior colors to location. We put the earnest money down immediately. It is a few months before we wanted to move, but it felt right and we are prepared financially. So I guess this is a really long way of me saying... we were going to build it, but it was already built.
Message 9 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates??

I’m on doc review right now... I sent everything over today Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.