cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage?

tag
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage? >>> FINALLY

Congratulations on your new home!

Message 31 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage? >>> FINALLY

@BlackEagle1 wrote:

UPDATE: We closed as scheduled on 8/28 and are moved into our new home ... Thank God

Congrats on your new home!  Thank you for sharing and updating!

Message 32 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Since you also had a lengthy wait due to construction, can you share what was meant by send updated docs? It’s the last phase before CTC according to the website, and it shows that I’m now out of processing... but the inspection and appraisal aren’t done yet since the house isn’t finished, and I haven’t provided insurance. Seems like it HAS to go back to processing and maybe UW before the CTC is issued. Wondering what that might entail.
Message 33 of 51
BlackEagle1
Established Member

I had a very fussy underwriter ... my credit report had expired so they had to pull another one. Just before closing they asked for another set of bank statements. My situation was unusual because the loan processor that I had worked with for months retired. My paperwork just sat with no attention for weeks. Sounds like you are all set but for the few things you mentioned.

Message 34 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed on a Lennar home financed with Eagle 07/22/19, and my experience was absolutely horrible. I think the loan officer, UW, and UW assistant I had were the main factors in the experience, but it still left a horrible taste in my mouth about the whole ordeal. Especially being a first time buyer. Severe lack of communication, consistently incorrect paperwork, and numbers were constantly changing with seemingly no explanation. I ended up getting our sales rep from Lennar involved multiple times and thankfully he was a cool guy and was able to get problems resolved for us. At one point he even threatened to pull our loan from Eagle and take it elsewhere while still offering the same monetary incentives even though we wouldn't be using Eagle. We ended up getting the deal done in the end, but sat at the title office for almost 6 hours because our paperwork was screwed up AGAIN, and their corporate office in Arizona was in a meeting (Supposedly.) Despite all of that, congrats on your new home and I'm glad you didn't have the same experience we did!

Message 35 of 51
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

I am too looking at purchasing a Lennar home that is currently being constructed. I prequalified last month with an interest rate of 4.12%. Is 3.8% what most people seeing Eagle Home offer now that interests have been lowered? I have another prequalification for 3.4% with Loan Depot but they are unfortunately not paying closings costs like Eagle Home. I am not scheduled to move until Feb/March of 2020 so it still remains to be seen what interest rates are going to like then.... on another note Eagle has not been the best to work with with my LO being slow to respond to phone calls/emails but overall he does eventually get back to you. The guys at Loan Depot wee much more proactive and quicker with responding. I was preapproved within a week with Loan Depot and it took close to 3 weeks with Eagle Home. 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 36 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like Eagle really varies a lot depending on where you live. My LO has been very responsive, but the processor doesn't really reply... like at all. It hasn't ultimately impacted me much since the LO will step in and deal with things, but it's a bit of a red flag. Eagle also doesn't pay closing in full here, just a 5k allowance. I'm sticking with them because my LO is super good to work with, and things have proceeded fine so far. I'm prepared to run into issues at the end, but so far so good.

I can't recall my interest rate offhand, but I'm interested to see what it will be now that rates have fallen and my mortgage score has risen 40 points since my initial pre-approval.

Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they rerun your credit at closing ?
Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage?

Did they pull credit at closing ?
Message 39 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you have experience with Lennar's in-house lender - Eagle Home Mortgage?

Did they pull credit at closing
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.