cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do your FICO mortgage scores drop after the initial hard pull by a mortgage lender?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Do your FICO mortgage scores drop after the initial hard pull by a mortgage lender?

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry meant to say 2018!!! Whoops!

Side note: you’re so helpful! Thanks so much again; it’s so comforting to hear from people that know so much about this stuff!

You're welcome. Everything I know, I've read here from myFICO and learned from it's members and contributors.

Message 11 of 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Do your FICO mortgage scores drop after the initial hard pull by a mortgage lender?

@Anonymous wrote:
This is what my gut was saying too. We don’t neeeed to do the pull this week because the closing date is 1/15. LO said we need to order the appraisal by the 18th at the latest so he said to pull not later than Monday. Do you by any chance know what the penalty might be, ballpark? Is it in single digits usually or hard to predict?

It's hard to predict. Score penalty is profile specific. It appears you have a reasonably high MMS 750/760. I can only guesstimate it would be a single digit penalty, say 1-9 points? It's a vague answer. Answering without knowing the answer. Smiley Embarassed

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, this is so helpful. One last question to ask you if I can: if that hard pull won’t drop my score for 30 days during the deduping period, and we are scheduled to close 1/15, what is the reason for your recommendation to wait until AZEO is in effect?
Message 13 of 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, this is so helpful. One last question to ask you if I can: if that hard pull won’t drop my score for 30 days during the deduping period, and we are scheduled to close 1/15, what is the reason for your recommendation to wait until AZEO is in effect?

It was not knowing your credit profile. AZEO is recommended to optimize your score. Raising it as high as possible, squeezing every last available point out. Also, to allow a score buffer in case you are outside that dedupe time frame.

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! That makes total sense. Thank you again so very much!
Message 15 of 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck. Hope to read of your follow up. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I definitely plan on posting the results to help others out. My current mortgage FICO scores are EQ 724, TU 726, EX 767. EQ and TU both captured balances that I stupidly let report so I’m going to see if AZEO and brining the balance on an interest free period card from $4000/9100 to $1500/10600 (got a small soft pull CLI through discover) will help to bring middle to 740. It will be interesting to see and I’ll post the results.
Message 17 of 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

If you can get a better rate at 740, that would be great.

44% individual utilization is costing you say ~5 points. How is your aggregate utilization? Mortgage FICO scores definitely likes AZEO. If you have a lot of revolving accounts reporting a balance say 1/3 or more, you're being penalized. Your reports will update by Monday?

These are the aggregate scoring thresholds:

8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%

Depending on profile. These are the individual scoring thresholds:

28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%

Message 18 of 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I had to refresh my memory. 14, 30, 45 days depending on the scoring model.

See Mortgage inquiry questions (not run of the mill)

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting this because it was a duplicate post. Wonder how I can ask the mods to delete?

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.