Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents needed at closing

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Documents needed at closing

What additional documents are requested before closing?  Will a lender need more paystubs or statements? What about ssn cards (DH needs to order another his is mangled).  Do we need to show a marriage license (seems I read that somewhere).  I've been scanning my documents onto a jump drive so that I can have quick access to them wherever I am.

3 REPLIES 3
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Documents needed at closing

Your actual results may vary, but check with your loan officer.

If you are in a state where attorney's or notary publics conduct the closing you may need at least one form of valid (non-expired) govt. issued photo ID and something like your SS Card.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 4
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

I'm in North Carolina.  Will I also need to bring all my current paystubs and bank statements?

Message 3 of 4
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Once your loan is conditionally approved, you will be sent a list of conditions. Once you have provided those conditions, the Underwriter will issue the CTC (clear to close). Then the file will be moved to the QC Dept and on to Compliance. Once the loan file passes, it will be forwarded to the Funding/Doc Department for closing. If by chance the UW missed something, the Funder may ask for it, but generally the file is buttoned up by then. If you are at all worried about it, pick up the phone and call your LO or Loan Processor and ask if there is anything else you will need from me?

Best wishes to you.

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.