cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Wells Fargo Blacklist on Home Loans?

tag
NewToCredit12

Does Wells Fargo Blacklist on Home Loans?

I've read and it seems like Wells Fargo blacklists with credit cards. What about for home loans? 

What if you burned them on a credit card which went to collections 10+ years ago (charged off)? Do they remember and black list for other WF products like a Home Loan?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Does Wells Fargo Blacklist on Home Loans?

They at least used to on HELOC's.  A long time ago when us brokers could do HELOC's with them we had a borrower who got denied due to previous adverse credit with Wells Fargo, it wasn't even on the credit report and they didn't even give an option to rectify it, just straight up declined.  I don't think they'd do that on traditional first mortgage programs (Fannie/Freddie/FHA/VA) since those are financially backed in some way or form, but it wouldn't surprise me if their jumbo programs & HELOC's still consider past history with them as a part of the review process.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
NewToCredit12

It would be a jumbo or maybe high conforming. I guess no way to know without burning an inquiry. I still bank with them today.

Message 3 of 6
Bill77
Regular Contributor

@NewToCredit12 wrote:

It would be a jumbo or maybe high conforming. I guess no way to know without burning an inquiry. I still bank with them today.

I think you would find better terms with a non bank lender anyway.  Most of the major banks have moved away from emphasizing home loans. 

Message 4 of 6
NewToCredit12

right now they're offering the best rates and APR.

Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Never hurts to apply, doesn't cost anything but your time.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.