cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

tag
Desneige
New Contributor

Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

The current interest rate on my VA loan is 5.875  I'm considering a streamline refinance-as multiple lenders have told me that they can get me an interest rate between 4 and 4.25%.  This refinance is new to me, and I'm trying to figure out if this is the best way to go.  My credit score have been hovering right around 620.  Are there lenders that are a better bet than others for this type of refinancing?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/VA-Streamlined-Refinance-IRRRL/td-p/757868

I will be home in a few days too look over my VA Streamline refinance paperwork.   So far, I haven't had any problems with WellsFargo.  I will update later though of course!

Message 2 of 3
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with a VA streamline refinance?

I talked with a couple of companies today about VA IRRRL and one thing that is obvious.  Its simply not worth trying to refinance it outside your original mortgage company. Here is the issue:  VA do  not require appraisals or credit checks but that does not stop lenders from requesting it as part of their policy.  Other lenders (outside who currently has your loan)  do not want to re-finance your loan and  the loan is going to be above fair market value of the home.  They are normally asking for appraisals.  I'm with Suntrust Mortgage and talking with them, it's looking much in my favor doing it with them.  Good Luck

Grill Master now has a house! Closed 8/26. Yay!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.