cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how loooooooooonnnnnnnnng HUD takes to ratify a sales contract??????

tag
mwr1ght
New Contributor

Does anyone know how loooooooooonnnnnnnnng HUD takes to ratify a sales contract??????

I am in the process of buying a HUD home with a FHA mortgage. I am ready and waiting on my end. My offer was accepted by HUD on July 23. My paperwork was submitted within the 48 hours required by HUD (sales contract) NOW I am waiting for HUD to send back the ratified sales contract. It seems like it is taking FOREVER.  I know the government is slow but does anyone know HOW slow? I appreciate any replies.

I do not want to get my home inspection until I get the ratified sales contract. MY buyers agent and loan officer both say the purchase is not written in stone until you get this ratified sales contract stamped and signed by the government (HUD)

I have tried to maintain my patience through this whole first time home buying process, but I must say it is HARD sometimes~  Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone know how loooooooooonnnnnnnnng HUD takes to ratify a sales contract??????

Varies by office.... the realtor should be able to get some kind of indications from them.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 4
mwr1ght
New Contributor

Re: Does anyone know how loooooooooonnnnnnnnng HUD takes to ratify a sales contract??????

Thanks for the quick answer! All my agent has told me when I inquire about the time frame is "OH, it can take awhile I am not a bit worried it has only been two weeks..." I tell you what I doubt I will recommend this agent to any friends. If I wasn't in a contract with her to use her services for 3 months I would have fired her. She takes way too many vacations, and  doesn't ever seemed a bit concerned~

Message Edited by mwr1ght on 08-05-2008 06:37 PM
Message 3 of 4
mwr1ght
New Contributor

*Update* For the possible future HUD homebuyers. It took about 2 weeks to get the ratified sales contract back from HUD. I got it this afternoon. Now I just need to wait for the OK from HUD to get the water turned on for the home inpsection. Hopefully that process will be a little quicker. All I want to do is get the home inspected and CLOSE on it. I have been ready on my end for three weeks. My Patience is very thin these days~   Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.