Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Inquires on my Credit Report

tag
etatauri
Established Member

Duplicate Inquires on my Credit Report

Hi there, 

First time posting here, everyone seems so friendly and helpful!

I had a question about inquiries. A year ago my father and I jointly applied for a mortgage.

In September, they did a hard pull on all 3 CBs. Then in December, they said they needed an updated report and pulled all 3 again.

Personally, I was not involved in the process as my dad only needed me as a cosigner so I don't know if this is something that is normal.

Anyways, now I have 5 hard pulls from EX, two of them being the mortgage. Do you think there is a way to remove one of them? Or is this something that I will have to wait out?

Thanks in advance.

Capital One Savor 20,000 |||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 |||| American Express Blue Cash Preferred 11,000 |||| Venmo 10,000 |||| Macy's Amex 10,000 |||| Amazon Prime Signature Visa (Chase) 6,900 |||| Citi Double Cash 6,500 |||| Wells Fargo Platinum 6,000 |||| Chase Freedom Unlimited 5,700 |||| Paypal Credit 4,250 |||| Gap (Synchrony) 3,500 |||| Total CL: 98,850

EX: 812 |||| TU: 792 |||| EQ: 792 (As of Apr. 28, 2022)

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate Inquires on my Credit Report

@etatauri wrote:

Hi there, 

First time posting here, everyone seems so friendly and helpful!

I had a question about inquiries. A year ago my father and I jointly applied for a mortgage.

In September, they did a hard pull on all 3 CBs. Then in December, they said they needed an updated report and pulled all 3 again.

Personally, I was not involved in the process as my dad only needed me as a cosigner so I don't know if this is something that is normal.

Anyways, now I have 5 hard pulls from EX, two of them being the mortgage. Do you think there is a way to remove one of them? Or is this something that I will have to wait out?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome, unfortunately there is not much chance you can get these removed.  It is a standard practice during closing to check one last time for any changes to credit before they finish the closing process.  When you agreed to co-sign you authorized the inquiries.  The good thing is they really won't hurt you as they were all for the same purpose.  They stay on your report for 2 years but they don't factor into any scores after 12 months so just wait them out.  

Message 2 of 3
etatauri
Established Member

Re: Duplicate Inquires on my Credit Report

Thank you for the reply. I did authorize them but I wasn't sure what the common practice was. I do know that when you shop around there is some kind of grace period where all the credit inquiries get lumped into one, but didn't know about ones where they are 3 months apart. I'm glad that it doesn't impact my score much!

Capital One Savor 20,000 |||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 |||| American Express Blue Cash Preferred 11,000 |||| Venmo 10,000 |||| Macy's Amex 10,000 |||| Amazon Prime Signature Visa (Chase) 6,900 |||| Citi Double Cash 6,500 |||| Wells Fargo Platinum 6,000 |||| Chase Freedom Unlimited 5,700 |||| Paypal Credit 4,250 |||| Gap (Synchrony) 3,500 |||| Total CL: 98,850

EX: 812 |||| TU: 792 |||| EQ: 792 (As of Apr. 28, 2022)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.