Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

So here's the update. I sent my e mail Monday morning at 10am, and had a response by 11:30am stating my CAVIRS had been cleared. I closed yesterday afternoon, and now own my home. FHA claimed they have no knowledge how this works, and that's a shame. No consumer should have to fight this hard against a federally funded agency that is this inept.

So grateful to the original poster that shared this priceless info. Thank you!
Message 41 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

The exact thing happened to my fiance last december 2013. We were just looking at houses for fun, then we found one we really liked. My fiance filed for bankruptcy in july 2010 and his credit score was back up to where it almost was before all of this. He decided to go try for a loan. Long behold he was preapproved and we went to the house fell in love and got the ball rolling. Did inspections and had a closing date. Then it went to the underwriters and they called us new years eve to tell us they rejected our loan because my fiances name was on the caivrs report. We tried to go with another lender who was trying to get his name off but she was taking to long and we had to be out of our other house. They found out Bank of America didn't pay until March 2013 instead of 2010 when everything was filed. So we were told we have to wait until march 2016 until we can get the fha or usda home loan. I'm just wandering could he try to email or call to get his name removed now, so we can try to buy a house? His credit is great and they told him when he called last time ot was showing a zero balance and he owes nothing the second lendor said it may not take long, but she was so busy with other things we lost the house and are still renting....how would we go about all this? Is it simple or is it depending on each individual case? Thanks any answers would help!
Message 42 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The exact thing happened to my fiance last december 2013. We were just looking at houses for fun, then we found one we really liked. My fiance filed for bankruptcy in july 2010 and his credit score was back up to where it almost was before all of this. He decided to go try for a loan. Long behold he was preapproved and we went to the house fell in love and got the ball rolling. Did inspections and had a closing date. Then it went to the underwriters and they called us new years eve to tell us they rejected our loan because my fiances name was on the caivrs report. We tried to go with another lender who was trying to get his name off but she was taking to long and we had to be out of our other house. They found out Bank of America didn't pay until March 2013 instead of 2010 when everything was filed. So we were told we have to wait until march 2016 until we can get the fha or usda home loan. I'm just wandering could he try to email or call to get his name removed now, so we can try to buy a house? His credit is great and they told him when he called last time ot was showing a zero balance and he owes nothing the second lendor said it may not take long, but she was so busy with other things we lost the house and are still renting....how would we go about all this? Is it simple or is it depending on each individual case? Thanks any answers would help!

YES!  Have him send his information (Case Number) and request for removal and why he thinks he should be removed to the email address listed at the beginning of this Thread.  It took all of 48 hours for them to remove us from CAVIRS. 

Message 43 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi back again lol, now I'm confused more then ever....after finding this forum my fiance emailed the specified email address with a summary of his situation, case numbers and all. He got an email back saying his Caivrs was removed. Which we are still looking more into, since he had gotten another email back saying they were looking further into his situation further and have asked my fiance to e mail his bankruptcy discharge paperwork and case number. We have since then talked to Lenders but they said they can't look at our situation or try to get us a loan because even if his name was removed from Caivrs that FHA guidelines state you can't get a loan again until 3 years after your claim date. Same with USDA as well. He filed bankruptcy in July 2010 was dischargedd all. We waited more then 3 years got preapproved. Found a home was in the process of getting the loan then they called and said underwriters found his name on a Caivrs report because Bank of America did not pay the claim until March of 2013, which I'm guessing that is when the housr went to auction amd sold as well. Well we went to another lender and she couldn't do too much until my finace could remove his name from that report. That lender and everyone else we have talked to made it seem like if his name is removed before the March of 2016 date we got, that it would be easy to get a loan again. That's when I found this forum (which is helping!) And I had mentioned our situation and he emailed that e mail address then they said he was removed then they said looking into your Caivrs situation further, now they are asking for his old bankruptcy paperwork. We went to lenders to see if they could get their underwriters to pull the report to see if he was removed or not. We had one lady (lender) look into it but she took forever to get back to us and acted like we didn't matter for her to tell us that even if my fiances name is removed from Caivrs that he would still have to wait until March of 2016 since Bank of America didn't pay the claim until Match 2013 because that is FHA and USDA guidelines. Unless they regulate their guidlines before then. My fiance said that if hes removed fom Caivrs and still cant get a loan due to this date that he would probably have to call Bank of America and then the county where his house was sold for the records to see if they could adjust the date? We found a house that came on the market that is beautiful that's another reason we talked to a lender. My fiances credit income etc meet all requirements for a loan and he can qualify in a minute. And we want to try again to get a house before 2016. My main question is if the guidelines havent changed and he is removed from caivrs will that take his name off the claim saying he has to wait until March 2016 or does it not matter if he is removed.from Caivrs and that he still has to wait.until then?? I've just seen and heard so many different tHings that I don't know what to believe. I hope that of we can find out if he is removed that it erases the March 2016 date too and we can buy a house soon. We've just been pulled around the last month trying to get answers and we get one answer and a totally different one. Like i said from what i have read it seems like there is a way around this. So please if anyone can answer my questions or give me any information that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Message 44 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

When they removed my CAVIRS they back dated my eligibility date to the date that my old house was sold/auctioned instead of the date that my lender paid it off. Its true that there is a 3 year waiting period before you can obtain another loan but as I said, 3 years from the date the house sold, not when lender got around paying. Hope that helps.
Message 45 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just looked at the old house he lived in amd it said it didn't sell until May of 2013. So if that's the case then that's not going to help us. I just wish Bank of America would have paid the claim earlier even of it was months after but 3 whole year to pay a claim after the bankruptcy that's crazy! He is still working with HUD and giVing them more information. Thank you for the information :-) if any good news is given I will update!
Message 46 of 432
Maingal
Valued Member

Can you send me this information to email and get a removal I too had a foreclosure with TBW that got sent to BOA.  

Message 47 of 432
Maingal
Valued Member

Can you send me the email address you used ?  Thank you

Message 48 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judygirl: do you mean when they sold my fiances house to the bank or when it sold at auction to a new owner? Just wandering since it sold in March of 2013 on the market and that's when BOA paid the claim hence the date we got for March 2016 for a loan and put on Caivrs but if he got removed and they don't have a backdate for us then how would they change any thing if it took them 3 years to even sell the house and pay the claim altogether? Ugh lol

Maingal: the email address is on page one of this forum along with an 800 number to HUD, hope this helps.
Message 49 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the email I sent my "story" to.  sfdatarequests@hud.gov.  

It is suppose to be 3 years from the date that HUD paid the claim.  Our bank sat on it for a 1.5 years.  They did not file the claim with HUD until after our home had been through the Bankruptcy process, they had taken the home back and sold it to another person so technically that was making us ineligible for another FHA loan for 4.5 years, not 3.  I sent my "story" to the email address above and asked them to please advise me on how I can be removed from Cavirs.  They responded within 2 days with "you have been removed from Cavirs".    

I wish you well, it was a Godsend for us.  Just send the email with all the information you have, date Bankruptcy was discharged, date house sold, Cavirs report number, full names, I even included our Social Security numbers to avoid going back and forth with them.  We were removed within 2 days and closed on our new home on October 10, 2014.    

Message 50 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.