Did you mean: 

Early CAIVRS Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Early CAIVRS Removal

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure about closing loans VA without a CAIVERS Removal. If you look at my earlier post I went through the same thing in September but I was able to get my CAIVERS surpressed in about 3 weeks. I closed September 28th. You just have to be persitant and email your request to answers@hud.gov. You have to be very specific with your language, give a time line of events and provide proof. I used IFREEDOM Direct for my VA Loan , D. Losser was my loan officer, she helped me gather some of the contact information. My point for this post is it can happen , if you fall under the guidlines. Follow my ealier post in Late August through September 9th

Take a look at my client reviews on my Trulia or Zillow profile. I've closed over 80 VA loans this year with open CAIVRS.

VALoanMaster can you private message me regarding how you have closed VA loans with open CAIVRS please? 

Message 381 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure about closing loans VA without a CAIVERS Removal. If you look at my earlier post I went through the same thing in September but I was able to get my CAIVERS surpressed in about 3 weeks. I closed September 28th. You just have to be persitant and email your request to answers@hud.gov. You have to be very specific with your language, give a time line of events and provide proof. I used IFREEDOM Direct for my VA Loan , D. Losser was my loan officer, she helped me gather some of the contact information. My point for this post is it can happen , if you fall under the guidlines. Follow my ealier post in Late August through September 9th

Take a look at my client reviews on my Trulia or Zillow profile. I've closed over 80 VA loans this year with open CAIVRS.

VALoanMaster can you private message me regarding how you have closed VA loans with open CAIVRS please? 

Hi SecondchanceCharlie,

I sent you a PM.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 382 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a VA foreclosure back in 1997. I am finally trying to buy a house again and found out that my name is on this (never heard of before) CAIVRS list. They said the code came up as FHA Title 1, which from what I have read is usually a home improvement loan. We did have a home improvement loan on that house. If it was FHA, then that means it was backed by the FHA correct? Why would my name still be on this list 20 years later?? I have been playing phone tag with the guy from HUD, so I have the entire weekend to sit here and worry about it, and possibly not being able to close on my house I am buying. There has never been anything on my credit report either, so I can't fathom what is going on. 

VALoanMaster, any ideas/help??

Message 383 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Hi Shansings2,

I wouldn't worry too much about it because it's so old that HUD should delete it. If not you can always switch lenders.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 384 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I will hopefully see what they have to say tomorrow.
Message 385 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well VALoanMaster, 

I finally got to speak with the guy at HUD, and he said that even though the debt was written off a long time ago, I still owe the money and they will not remove my name from CAIVRS unless I pay them (which he said I could offer a settlement). Even though this was 20 years ago..

Message 386 of 432
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well VALoanMaster, 

I finally got to speak with the guy at HUD, and he said that even though the debt was written off a long time ago, I still owe the money and they will not remove my name from CAIVRS unless I pay them (which he said I could offer a settlement). Even though this was 20 years ago..

Unfortunately you can't always trust what people at HUD/FHA tell you. I called FHA but they couldn't really tell me anything without being able to look at your case. I really think we could get it suppressed if we needed to.

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 387 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, luckily I did email the answers@hud.gov email, and I received an email back from them today saying they have escalated my email and that I should receive a response within 2 business days. Unfortunately the lender I was going with said they absolutely cannot approve a loan without a clear CAIVRS, so I am having to let the contract go on the house I was buying. I am still holding out hope though. The guy that I spoke to at HUD is in the Asset Recovery Division. I definitely do not think he has my best interests at heart. He just wants money. He emailed me paperwork if I want to do a settlement, but they want my last pay stub and a copy of my last income taxes that I filed. I do not feel comfortable giving that information to a creditor. Hopefully I will have some kind of miracle come out of the email that I sent. They paid the bank back for the Home Improvement loan that was defaulted on when the house foreclosed, so they want their money back. If I had known about this I would have been paying on it, but it has been 20 years and has never once shown up on my credit report or anything.. I'm wondering if I did eventually end up doing a settlement, if I would then still have to wait 38 more months to have a clear CAIVRS?

Thanks for your help.

Message 388 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 389 of 432
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAIVRS

the mortgage in question was never completley forelcosed on because my ex-husband refinanced in his own name and i was relinquished from the debt.  he is currently living happily every after in that home with a new family.  i am suppose to close on my very own home in 17 days and I found out today that I have a CAIVRS report!  i am devasted as no one will give me any information because of privacy laws I am just told to wait until I receive an email from CAIVRS.  I was relinquished from this mortage March 2016.  I don't want to withdraw my offer however I am in jepardy of loosing my $7000 good faith deposit on the house if I do not hear back from CAIVRS within the next 2 days.  i am utterly devasted.  can anyone offer me any advise?

Message 390 of 432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.