Great! Thanks for letting me know how long it took. It seemed on this thread that everyone was being contacted via mail in days. Then it was reported they were no longer taking email requests and then the phone number was posted as the preferred way of contact. We tried this also, to no avail.
I'm impatient since our financing stipulation has just expired on the contract we have to buy this home. Lucky for us there is not a second bid in on it yet and the owner's are out of the Country on vacation. I will hold my breath another week!
Thanks so much for your post and reply!
I found this forum yesterday after being frustrated with my HUD specialist. I told my story to CAIVRS, received a ticket number and was told a specialist would contact me in 2 business days. After speaking to the specialist I was told my case was going for review on Wednesday and I would hear something later that day or early that next morning. When I contacted my specialist late Thursday I was told a response was pending, I called back on Friday again because I was told I would hear something on Thursday at the latest. My calls and emails went unanswered. I finally received an email from my specialist stating, “The case is still being reviewed and I don’t know when you will hear something back”. I submit an email to try and get the CAIVRS removed, so I am waiting on pins and needles at this point. My house was foreclosed in 2011; however, the bank wasn’t paid until 2013 making me unable to apply for another FHA loan until 2017 (because as of this year, you now have to wait 4 years after foreclosure to apply for another FHA loan). After reading this forum, I am praying for an answer because its no fun being in limbo, especially when we were schedule to get the keys today. I think this is a shady practice on the parts of the banks (and others) and my loan consultant has never experienced a situation like this before. Hopefully my email is returned with a statement such as, “you CAIVRS is now cleared”.
So Just like everyone in the Blog, We too are in escrow and expected to close on 05/04/15 on fridday 04/10 our loan officer told us we were on CAIVRS and our 3yr waiting date is Sept not April as indicated ont our countys public records of when GMAC took possession of the property with a Trustee's Deed.
I too have been e-mailing email@example.com and calling 877-622-8525. We are waiting (with fingers and toes crossed) for a call back and an e-mail response.
We have until 04/27/15 to back out of escrow and not loose our $5k down payment.
I have found HUD regulations regarding time frames for mortgagees to file.We fall under Attachment 4 Example # 6 so this is what I am relaying to HUD as grounds for a date change.
If your forclosure was before 11/01/2013 referr to http://fha-lending.com/CD/Mortgagee%20Letters/2005%20Mortgagee%20Letters/05-30ml.pdf
If yoru forclosure was on or after 11/01/2015 referr to http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=13-38ml.pdf
I will keep you posted on our progress. Thanks to everyone on your posts and info.... lets keep it going
SORRY >>>>>> Correction to my previous post
If your foreclosure was on or after 11/01/2013 not 2015 referr to http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=13-38ml.pdf
Hi! My husband and I had our ch 7 bk discharged June 26, 2012 and the mortgage was part of it. On June 19, 2012 (before the discharge), the bk trustee sold all our interest in the property to an investor for $3500! Thankfully we moved out of the house but he continues to rent the property. Now after all this time BOA is filing for foreclosure! I have seen my CAIVRS and it says "foreclosure - fha single family" but how did they get this information and when should I be eligible for a new FHA mortgage? After the discharge the mortgage was reported on all credit reports as included in bk. But some lenders are telling me I have to wait 3 years after it forecloses, which could be a year from now! I am so confused, please help. Thank you so much!