Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Scores Not Pulling Up for Lender

tag
ATLOMM
Valued Member

Equifax Scores Not Pulling Up for Lender

Help guys, I am trying to get a conditional approval from my Lender.  They have run my credit twice now in the last two months and all my credit scores except Equifax is pulling up.  At first, they said my Equifax was frozen but I have never in my life frozen my account, I didn't even know this could be done.  Now they said they ran it again and it's not frozen but it is not pulling up anything because my social security number on there is off by one number. I have called both Equifax and Fico and both say my social security number is correct and they can see my scores, so I don't know what else to do.  Each time they run these reports it's bringing my scores down by a few points because they are running it about 32 days apart, so feeling frustrated here especially because I can see my Equifax and it is my highest score so my middle mortgage score will be higher if they can pull it up. 

7 REPLIES 7
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Scores Not Pulling Up for Lender

@ATLOMM wrote:

Help guys, I am trying to get a conditional approval from my Lender.  They have run my credit twice now in the last two months and all my credit scores except Equifax is pulling up.  At first, they said my Equifax was frozen but I have never in my life frozen my account, I didn't even know this could be done.  Now they said they ran it again and it's not frozen but it is not pulling up anything because my social security number on there is off by one number. I have called both Equifax and Fico and both say my social security number is correct and they can see my scores, so I don't know what else to do.  Each time they run these reports it's bringing my scores down by a few points because they are running it about 32 days apart, so feeling frustrated here especially because I can see my Equifax and it is my highest score so my middle mortgage score will be higher if they can pull it up. 

The lender needs to call their credit vendor and get it sorted out. If they won't, you need to find a new lender.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 8
ATLOMM
Valued Member

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@ATLOMM wrote:

The lender needs to call their credit vendor and get it sorted out. If they won't, you need to find a new lender.

I am new to this but building with Spec Builder. I gave them this feedback and they said they will reach out to their credit vendor, so just waiting. Regarding a new lender? I am open to shopping around but the home is going to take 12 months which puts us at about Aug 2022. When if at all do I reach out to a new lender, I am just trying to give my scores a rest from all the hard inquiries over the last two months related to this mortgage. 

Message 3 of 8
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@ATLOMM wrote:

@VALoanMaster wrote:

@ATLOMM wrote:

I am new to this but building with Spec Builder. I gave them this feedback and they said they will reach out to their credit vendor, so just waiting. Regarding a new lender? I am open to shopping around but the home is going to take 12 months which puts us at about Aug 2022. When if at all do I reach out to a new lender, I am just trying to give my scores a rest from all the hard inquiries over the last two months related to this mortgage. 

Oh ok. You have plenty of time then.

A lender can tell you what their rate and fees are without pulling your credit.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 8
ATLOMM
Valued Member

Update so the report from my Lender states that's my Fico score is not available for Equifax because no qualifying accounts are present. This is confusing because I have two credit cards (rarely used but I use one once a month but pay before the bill is due)  and a car note. Additionally, I can see my Equifax on MyFICO, IdentityIq and Credit Karma. Any ideas on how to get this to show to mortgage lenders?   I have until August 2022 to close so I plan to continue actively using AZEO so they can see some transactions but I am panicking a little and wondering if there is a way I would be able to confirm this hat I have enough qualifying accounts before I start applying for mortgages again 90 days before closing? 

Message 5 of 8
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

There are lenders that allow two scores.  Call a broker.  Save time and money.

Message 6 of 8
ATLOMM
Valued Member

@CreditFun wrote:

Wow really? Do you have any recommendations? I was also told I need to have three active revolving accounts my car loan and two credit card accounts. She said I needed to spend on both cards every month for it to show up on Equifax. ( keep in mind I see it on Equifax and on MYfico myself). 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ATLOMM wrote:

@CreditFun wrote:

Wow really? Do you have any recommendations? I was also told I need to have three active revolving accounts my car loan and two credit card accounts. She said I needed to spend on both cards every month for it to show up on Equifax. ( keep in mind I see it on Equifax and on MYfico myself). 

Your mortgage company does not seem to be providing quality information to you. You do not need to spend on both cards every month for it to show up on your credit report. If you see your scores they should be able to see your scores. You may have a split file. I would call Equifax and let them know that a lender is having difficulty pulling your credit report and have them look into your file to make sure it checks out.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.