cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow Question

tag
Regular Contributor

Escrow Question

On my paperwork it shows my escrow closes on 7/20.  I received an email today from my LO that says, "next week you will be going in to the title company and signing your loan documents."  Now, my LO is off for the holiday weekend so I just am trying to figure out what this means.  Does this mean I will be closing next week or just finalizing things and will close on 7/20?  Just curious and didn't want to have to wait all weekend wondering. 

MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Escrow Question

We only went to title company once and that was to close on the house. Be prepared to sign,sign,sign on a stack of documents. 7/20/2010 could be an estimated date to close that the LO/mortgage company uses. We closed about 10 to14 days ahead of what was scheduled.Congradulations in advance.

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

In states west of the Rocky Mountain's when you sign the final documents usually is a few days before your loan funds, in states east of the Rocky Mountains (including Colorado) usually the day you sign the final documents is the day your loan funds and records with the county.  However in each state it can work both ways, just letting you know how it normally works.  I'd call your real estate agent to find out which closing process you are going go to through, and if the seller is still occupying the home ask if they would be ready to move out ahead of the 7/20 close of escrow date.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 4
Regular Contributor

I signed all the paperwork at the Title Co. last night and will be dropping of a Cashier's Check this morning.  They told me they mail off the documents to the mortgage place for final review and then I should close next week.  Looks like things are moving forward but of course I still worry that something may go wrong, can't wait to have the keys in my hand so I can sleep at night! 

MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.