cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escrow adjustments

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Escrow adjustments

Can the bank adjust your mortgage payment and escrow payments more than just annually?

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 619
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Established Contributor

Re: Escrow adjustments

@Nar4124 wrote:

Can the bank adjust your mortgage payment and escrow payments more than just annually?

...if you have an adjustable rate loan, it will depend on the mortgage contract terms, the prime rate, and any local tax rate adjustments ...back in the Carter misery index days I was forced into an ARM at 17% (to save my parent's house) where the PITI increased almost monthly ...and you practically couldn't give your house away Smiley Sad

...if you have a fixed rate loan, your mortgage paynent is "fixed" ...the escrow can be adjusted if the local tax rates change out of cycle or there are special assessments on your property

...most mortgages only see annual adjustments but the potential always exists ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.