Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Established Credit Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Established Credit Question

I am in the process of establishing MY financial "identity" separate from ex-hubby.  I have recently purchased a car, re-financed my home into my name and have 3 credit cards.  While I know it will take time and payments for this to show on my CR, is the above accounts sufficient to show credit worthiness for the future? Any comments from someone who has been through this?

Thanks to all!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Established Credit Question

Yes, now wait for your history to age.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Mortgage is very good, 3 CCs should be enough to start with, as long as there are no baddies hanging around.

Have ypou checked your CRAs and scores to make sure there are no baddies from the ex hanging around?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midnight, yes I have checked CRs and there are some baddies from 2002, where I do hope they will start to fall off next year and definitely in 2009.  It will definitely be a relief to start "fresh". 
Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TLG wrote:
Midnight, yes I have checked CRs and there are some baddies from 2002, where I do hope they will start to fall off next year and definitely in 2009.  It will definitely be a relief to start "fresh". 

Do you know your scores at all?

And do all three CRs look very similar?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midnight, I do know my EXP is 692 and TU was 688 in July.  According to my WaMu FICO, it is showing as 726 Smiley Very Happy  All CRs are showing the same with the exception that I have removed his active credit accounts from my reports.  All baddies are joint accounts that we had together and don't know if there is anything I can do to get them removed.  I was just planning on waiting it out until next year.  Any suggestions?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like you are in good shape to me.

Just keep paying on time and keep the CC utilization down.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.