Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluating an HOA / "How to X-Ray an HOA"

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Evaluating an HOA / "How to X-Ray an HOA"

I came across someone’s blog the other night which had an amazing series on how to evaluate an HOA, and items to consider.  It’s from a real estate agent in Minnesota (who is also a lawyer), and I strongly feel it’ll help a lot of people properly review an HOA of a home they are interested in, or their own HOA currently.  I do not personally know her, although I did contact her to ask her if it's OK to post the blog link.

It goes over how to evaluate an HOA's financial statements/documents, explains what annual & special assessments are, goes over the importance of reserve funds/studies, highlights how foreclosures have an affect on the overall health of an HOA, as well as other smaller nuances of concern.

How to X-Ray an HOA: 9 Part Series

The blog also has other interesting articles, such as a short history of how Salton City, CA & Christmas Valley, OR came to be.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.