cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even more documentation? When will it stop? Stressed!

tag
mlearma
New Contributor

Even more documentation? When will it stop? Stressed!

We are doing a VA loan and my husband is disabled.  We submitted everything the second week of January including the DD214.    We got the DU approval and turned in the contract for our new house and the accepted offer on our current house.  We are trying to figure out closing to coordinate with the buyers of our current house.  Yesterday (almost 3 weeks later) I asked the broker for an update.  He told me everytime I email him that I am delaying closing because he has to take the time to answer me.  He continued to tell me that I am not his only customer and for him to receive 4 calls in one day regarding my loan is not acceptable (one was the realtor regarding termite stuff, one was our insurance lady regarding the binder and one was my husband regarding the Certificate of Eligibility).

A few hours later he comes back and asks us for the following:

Even more updated check stubs

2011 W2's which we just got back

clear termite letter

Divorce paperwork from me going back to 2006.  Serious??

bank statement showing the ernest check cleared (already gave them a copy of the cleared check)  We are doing zero down so they have to give this back to us at closing anyway.

AND a certificate of eligibility from the VA (SERIOUS)??

We called the VA and they said the lender should be able to pull that in less than 5 minutes.  It will take us weeks to get it from the VA?  Why didn't he tell me this 3 weeks ago?

I explained that I need to get kids enrolled in a new school district and I'm not excited about living in a hotel for a while if we do not close on time.  He explained we are not his only customer and if we do not like the way he does things that we should cancel our application.  Of course my check already cleared for the appraisal and fees.  My jaw just dropped when we were spoken to like that...I think I was in a daze for about an hour.

I'm new to the state and have not bought a house in 13 years.  It was a very pleasant and fun experience back in 1999.  I even got an email from him last night telling me to stop having our people or ourselves call his processor because she left the office stressed yesterday.

I'm about to break down in tears and fear I will be homeless because they do not want to work with me.  I have been thorough, respectful and gotten information to them in a matter of one day everytime they asked.  I do not bug them....I might ask for an update once per week.  Wanna talk about stressed?  This weekend we are starting to move stuff into storage.  Have no confidence and do not know where we will be in 2 weeks.

Our current house closes in 2 weeks.  

Any advice or opinions?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
terrymac
New Contributor

Re: Even more documentation? When will it stop? Stressed!

I'm sorry, but he just sounds nasty. I emailed and called my LO almost everyday and I am sure she is probably sick and tired of me, but so far she has been ama\zing. Really sorry to hear you are going through this. Good luck to you and hope everything works out for the best.

06/02/2011 TU 614; EQ 614
07/01/2011 TU 616; EQ 615
07/08/2011 EQ 625
08/08/2011 EQ 644; TU 621
09/16/2011 EQ 678
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't even applied for my loan officially (I'm re-approved) but everytime I hear things like this I go out and get the copy mention. I just obtained the photocopy of my Earnest check.

Message 3 of 25
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

I would be having a conversation with his supervisor.  He sounds very unprofessional, like you are just a # to him not a client.  When it comes to your loan, you may not be his only customer but he's your only broker.  Which means that he is your go-to person.   If you can't get in touch with his supervisor to explain your concerns, then put your energy into getting all the documents as fast as possible.  But he needs to keep you in the loop.  If he gets 4 calls in one day regarding your loan then that means things are coming together.  Good luck.  It's a frustrating process but it gets you into your home! 

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 4 of 25
mlearma
New Contributor

I got him everything so fast.  I'm trying not to be emotional and it's too late to start over.

I just got an email saying they uploaded the additional documention to the lender and we should get more information back later today.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely talk to your LO's supervisor. His behaviour is unacceptable.

Is your DH registered on the VA's eBenefits site? If so you can request a VA loan certificate of eligibility be emailed to you; it took us less than 24 hours to get one from them.

Message 6 of 25
mlearma
New Contributor

My DH pulled a miracle and produced the COE and disability paperwork to show the exemption.  I'm not sure how he did it...but the VA emailed it to him while he was speaking to them on the phone.

Now I just need to worry about underwriting Smiley Happy

My husband has 815, 805 and 748 scores and mine are

690, 685 and 681. (past divorce issues).

We did get DU approval.  I really hate the waiting. 

Message 7 of 25
Booner72
Senior Contributor

AAAAGHH!!!  This is the worst thing ever.  I wish MV would let me swear so I can call him names!!!! (Maybe this once, MV?)

Do call his supervisor.  Do write letters to the company he works for.  

I, too, was able to call/email LO anytime I needed, even after hrs (only did once)....I could not have made it through that process w/o her.

We will be your support.  Don't get your feelings hurt.  Sounds like it's going to happen so dont sweat that part of it.

But to answer your question, the documentation isn't going to stop until you close on the house.....it just keeps coming!  Part of the game.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

AAAAGHH!!!  This is the worst thing ever.  I wish MV would let me swear so I can call him names!!!! (Maybe this once, MV?)

Sorry. But I have the same urge from time to time.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 25
boomhower
Valued Contributor

That rep is wholey unprofessional and is more or less threatening you that if you bother him to much your going to have problems.  You need to talk to his supervisor and the one above him.  This is beyond rediculous.  Don't stop until you get satisfaction, he has not business having a job like that and talking to people the way he is.  In this economy there are plenty of people capable of a nice govt job with good benefits without a chip on their shoulder.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.