Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score

tag
srob67
New Contributor

Experian Score

Hi everybody,

I am trying to get my mortgage scores up but my Experian score seems to be stuck at 690 for the last month, my other scores went up to 712 and 725 during the same time . I need to apply for mortgage but of course I want a low interest rate. What can I do to get the score up?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Score

Since your lowest score is going to be ignored, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i too find experian to be lagging behind the other 2 at ALL times! it's the lowest one for the past 5 years. eventhough credit is the same.

Message 3 of 8
srob67
New Contributor

I read on previous post that they use the lowest score. So who is correct?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

don’t worry, they are going to use your middle score, which is the one between your highest and lowest. Best regards.. I’m going through the process myself. 😊👍
Message 5 of 8
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

That's great then hopefully I will get a better interest rate, my middle score is 715.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do use the middle score, but are you seeing your the FICO mortgage scores? They are: Experian Fico 2, TransUnion Fico 4, Equifax Fico 5. You can get them from the MyFico 3B report.

They can be significantly different (for better or worse) than the FICO 8 scores that are typically given. And forget about the Vantage scores from Credit Karma or WalletHub. Those FAKO scores mean nothing to lenders.

Message 7 of 8
srob67
New Contributor

Sorry to confuse ya'll but I was on my wifes myfico account and didn't realize it.... Yes , I am aware of the difference on the scoring and which ones are used for mortgages. I have been on myfico for while and get my scores from them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.