Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation letter question. Job history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Explanation letter question. Job history

Thanks in advance for any assistance. My bank is wanting me to write a letter of explanation about my job history since I haven't been at this job for 2 years and my previous job wasn't related. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I should word this? I don't want to write something that will sound silly and hurt my chances. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Explanation letter question. Job history

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks in advance for any assistance. My bank is wanting me to write a letter of explanation about my job history since I haven't been at this job for 2 years and my previous job wasn't related. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I should word this? I don't want to write something that will sound silly and hurt my chances. Thank you

I don't have any experience with it, but I would assume you changed jobs for a better opportunity for advancement and better pay. I would just state that in so many words.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just state the reason why. It won't sound silly and won't hurt your chances unless the dots don't connect.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

How long have you been on the new job? Was there a gap at all from the old job to the new job? There is almost always something similar from one job to the next.
I was an UW and also a LO for over 25 yrs. Tell me what you do now and what historically you have done. Let’s see if we can’t craft a letter.
Talk to me or Private Message me and I would be glad to help.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. I sent you a pm
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.