Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA 203k Banks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA 203k Banks

Good morning,

We placed our very first offer on a home that will be needing work done to it.  And come to find out the bank who we have our preapproval from (USAA) will not do FHA 203k.   I am currently a member with PenFed and Navy Fed and Vystar.  Due to my lowest score of 624 for EQ, I don't think Vystar will even look at me.

Does anyone know if they are friendly for that?   I am in Jax, FL.

Our offer is contingent on how the inspections go, and the list price is $95k, so we're trying for $88k first.  We're not sure what the damage is, and she may not accept our first offer so we'll see!

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA 203k Banks

http://www.hud.gov/ll/code/llslcrit.cfm is where you can search for FHA approved lenders.  For 203k be sure to select the 203k button at the bottom.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shane.  Looks like this seller was being waaaaay too flaky and then wanted to raise her asking price because of the extensive damage to the pool that the 203k would only cover $1500. of it. We're just going to stick with VA unless another one happens to come along.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi>>can you HELP??/

i am now with a 576 score due to shopping and untruthful mortgage people

pulling my credit.i ahve EXCELLENT mortg history and good trade lines.

I need to do rapid rescore I was told.Anyone??

Pastor Michael

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious, if you're a member of USAA and NavyFed then you are / were active duty (USAA and NavyFed member myself Smiley Wink ) why are you not looking at doing VA? That was one thing I was dissapointed about with USAA was they don't do FHA financing at all (didn't really matter since we were going VA, was just a little strange).

Edit: NVM, note to self, read all posts from OP before commenting... Doh! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.