Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Loan ... When Should I apply >

Chapter 7 BK... Discharged 06/15/2010

Current Scores

608 myfico EQ

660 myfico TU98

658 experian plus

Many items are going to fall off next year, but I want to buy a home this summer...

Please advise if I need to wait until July for approval or just at the discharge date?

Thanks All....

Hoping this will go relatively smoothly...

Starting scores 10/2010

497/598/562

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: FHA Loan ... When Should I apply >

I had looked into this before after I was finished with my bankruptcy. In general I was informed from different mortgage companies that it is 2-4 years after the discharge date on a chapter 7 bankruptcy. And it does not matter the reasons for filing. This is what would do if I were you. Go talk to a few mortgage companies, tell them why you filed, & when is the minimum waiting time after the discharge date that they would like to see. Also, ask them what is the m minimum fico score across the board with all three credit bureaus that they would like to see.

I can tell you this. I hope that you have either kept at least one account open, such as a credit card. If not, that you have gotten new credit so that you have something to show. And of course whatever you do you can not be late, not even once, on any account since the discharge of the bankruptcy. When you do apply for the mortgage loan, the under writers for the loan will put your credit report under the microscope. They want to see how things went since the discharge date. Also, your fico score will also determine what interest rate that you get. So be prepared for that.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.