Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Loan for Visa holder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA Loan for Visa holder

@JVille wrote:
“The EAD card is required to substantiate work status. If the EAD card will expire within (1) year and a prior history of residency status renewals exists, the underwriter may assume that the continuation will be granted. If there are no prior renewals, the underwriter must determine the likelihood of renewal based on information from the USCIS. (this would be proof of registration for renewal in process with the USCIS website)”

How many times have you renewed?

I don't have an EAD card, and don't qualify for one, that is the issue.

I have not had to renew my visa yet (it is a 5 year visa) I have however submitted the necessary paperwork for my Green Card

Message 11 of 18
JVille
Valued Contributor

The rules say 3 yrs plus remaining on your Visa or proof of likelihood of renewal based on prior renewals.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JVille wrote:
The rules say 3 yrs plus remaining on your Visa or proof of likelihood of renewal based on prior renewals.

o The borrower satisfies the same requirements, terms and conditions as those for US
citizens. The EAD card is required to substantiate work status. If the EAD card will
expire within (1) year and a prior history of residency status renewals exists, the
underwriter may assume that the continuation will be granted. If there are no prior
renewals, the underwriter must determine the likelihood of renewal based on
information from the USCIS.

I see this about the EAD, but I can't find anything about needing 3 years on a Visa? With the sole exception of a first time issued E-2 visa, all US non resident work visa's are 2 years in duration

Message 13 of 18
JVille
Valued Contributor

Apparently the folks who write the Guidelines do not understand the finer points of Visas Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imagine that!!!

Perhaps you could book an Infopass appointment and get a kindly officer (does such a thing exist? Not in my experiance) to write a letter stating that your visa IS your emplyment atuh, and that as such you are not elligable to apply for or receive a distinct EAD card.

I would suggest you ask this question over at https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/ too, we are a pretty knowledgeable bunch and maybe someone can come up with a better suggestion.

Message 15 of 18
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

I have closed several FHA loans for borrowers with Visas  i.e. (E1, E2, H1B, H2A, H2B, H3, L1 and G1-G4) or with EADs. You applied with the wrong lender.

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can you help me out by providing the names of some lenders who accepted E2 visa as EAD?

I am stuck in the middle of the lending process because as a principal E2 visa holder I am not able

to provide an EAD card (even though I asked the lender specifically about E2 visa at the beginning and

before signing the purchase agreement and their answer in both cases was that they do not see any problem with it).

Message 17 of 18
JVille
Valued Contributor

Reach out to the poster just above.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.