Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA MORTGAGE QUESTION "Need Help"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA MORTGAGE QUESTION "Need Help"

I Need Expert Advice

I going through the mortgage process "VERY STRESSFUL" Im at the point where im pre-approved With a loan officer at my Credit Union, Signed Purchase offer (08/20/14) and paid for an FHA appraiser. All looks good P

Cost of the house: $145,000 (Non FHA Appraised $220,000) Estimated mortgage payment $870.00

Income: $7250 a month

Total bills: $860

Okay my main concern is my student loans (12) are in default... Too make a long story short I have been in a Rehabilition progam with the Department of Education (DOE) for 1 year and 1 month making a total of 12 payment in good standing never missing a payment. Everyday since July 2014 (my 9th payment) I have been calling DOE on the status of my rehab and when its going to be picked up by a new servicer; the answer I get "is any day" its now 10/28/14... I have talked to thier regional office and the onsbud group with no success.. " only stating its a computerized sweep and out of there controll" one good thing is, I am not listed on the CAIVRS datebase.

My main questions are:

• If im not Listed on CAIVRS will I be approved?
  • If not, will something in writing from DOE that I'm in the program in great standing for 12 months suffice me getting approved?

PLEASE HELP Im so stressed

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA MORTGAGE QUESTION "Need Help"

They gave you a preapproval with this on your credit? Yes it could come back to bite you in the process once the underwriter reviews the file.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.