Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Pre Approval! Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Pre Approval! Questions

They need a letter of explaination of my BK and the documents

Does anyone have a good reference letter of explaination?
Where would be the best and fastest place to get BK docs if the lawyer i used went out of business?

And lastly, when we get a purchase agreement, if my CR is within 90 days and we close before its 90 days, will we get another pull?  Im scared because a Collection that was deleted reapeared and im disputing again.

Also, once we have a purchase agreement, how fast can we expect to go to closing? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Re: FHA Pre Approval! Questions

Try looking online for documents.  There is a site called "PACER" and it is an official court doc site and you can get them there.  You have to pay a fee (I think it's .08 per page - 8 cents).

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 2 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They need a letter of explaination of my BK and the documents

Does anyone have a good reference letter of explaination?  Just write a simple, concise, honest explanation.  It's just them covering their arses.  Explain WHY, then explan HOW you have changed your financial irresponsibility so that never happens again.  Cite examples of the changes you have in place now.
Where would be the best and fastest place to get BK docs if the lawyer i used went out of business?  Write to the US BANKRUPTCY court in your state, mail them money (it was over 20 bucks for mine) - you'll get them in just a few days, at least I did.  Very Fast.  Or you can go down to the court and get them yourself.  Ours was 3 hours away so that wasn't possible for me but in a crunch you could do it.

And lastly, when we get a purchase agreement, if my CR is within 90 days and we close before its 90 days, will we get another pull?  Im scared because a Collection that was deleted reapeared and im disputing again.I was told by my LO that they "refreshed" my report - that means I didn't get another hard pull but they got a look.  IDK if they look at the score again.  You might want to run this by your LO to see what they say.  As long as the collection is more than 12 months old that should just be something to put in your LOE.

Also, once we have a purchase agreement, how fast can we expect to go to closing? It took us about 2-3 weeks from when we had the final purchase agreement - then comes appraisal - then comes underwriting - then comes closing. As long as your appraisal is done relatively quickly and comes out okay w/o required repairs it shouldn't take that long.

EDITED TO ADD:  The bureau is required to send you a notice if they are going to re-report something that was previously deleted.  Did they do that?  I'm about 89% sure this is true.

Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i never got any letter from the CRA's about re-entry.

as far as dates go  

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]

Nov, 2011
Sep, 2011

May, 2007

Thats what the CR says.  It was opened by Midland 2 months ago, but DOLA is 4 years old.  

my LO said that as long as i close before jan 24th, my credit wont be re pulled.  I hope i can trust her

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know what to do at this point.  My LO said they would do a soft pull on my credit and with that collection on it, it could derail my whole loan.  What can we do?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.