Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FHA Underwriting vs Lo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FHA Underwriting vs Lo

I am a super control freak (I can admit it) but I am very nervous about my loan.  It is only in my name, My salary is 49k/ annual, I have about 5k in the bank,(after earnest and appraisal)  my scores are about 630, 640, 660, The house is 130k. Appraisal was done on tuesday along w/ inspections.  Im just nervous some one is going to pull the rug right our from beneath me! The house I was renting was foreclosed on so me and my bf and infant baby, are staying with family until we close. (we are scheduled to close June 20th).

My LO assured me it will be ok, and we are going through automated underwriting, but how long should this take? Will I be required to pay off collections on my credit report? I only have 2. 1 medical bill for less than 3400 and another for about 200.

We have been trying to buy a house for a year, and we were suppose to close on another house last december (but apparently my realtor and LO didnt realize I was going on Maternity leave in November so we lost that house and monies I had put for inspections etc.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: FHA Underwriting vs Lo

Your scores look good enough.  Medical collections aren't that big of a deal, if it was over 12 months ago then very low chance of being required to be paid... if the $200 non-medical one was in the last 12 months, or housing related (utility bill, unpaid portion of rent that was sent to collections, etc.) then it may be required to be paid... however it is small, so that decreases the chances it'd be required to be paid if it's over 12 months and housing related.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.