Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FHA & Charge Offs

How old were your charge offs?

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  how old were your charge offs?

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were all within two years. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  well thats very hopeful!!! We arent in underwrting yet. We just signed all the bank discourses and have our home inspection on Wed. I am jsut so nervous because we have never been this close and I feel like its never going to happen. We have a closing date of 11/13.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The fact you were pre approved they saw your CO's. Don't worry you are fine.  

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to chime in to give you some peace of mind because we were in this exact situation and I went through so many forums trying to find an answer about FHA and recent charge offs.

We applied for an FHA loan in August and we had charge-off's that literally were marked as charged off in June. So VERY recent charge-off's. And we got our conditonal approval a couple weeks ago and the charge-off's weren't even mentioned or brought up. I was thinking we would at least have to write a letter of explanation or something but we didn't even have to do that. They didn't even bring them up. So your charge-off's shouldn't be an issue! 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Thank you so much for your input. Now I am just worried why one compnay aprroved us for 135,000.00 and the other company will only go up to 80,000.00

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

One is still updating every month but it was 2018

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You made me very relieved !

Your charge offs were in the same year and they didnt question it ? NICE! what lender did you use?

Message 19 of 21
khawk3211

@Anonymous  How did things work out for you?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.